Another interview, another golden quote from Charlie Sheen. This time he spoke to CNN's Piers Morgan and addressed everything from his reported drug-fueled hernia hospitalization to the possibility of John Stamos taking over his "Two and a Half Men" role.
Charlie said that he had been bored of doing his CBS hit show, but that he now wants to go back to work: "That was an old brain [that thought that], I have a new brain." He further explained, "I have a 10,000-year-old brain and the boogers of a 7-year-old."
CBS and Warner Bros. have canceled production on the show through the end of the season, and Charlie told Piers that he's heard that he could be replaced, explaining, "I start hearing stories, 'They're going to hire John Stamos.' It's like, you guys do that, you deserve everything that happens later. Sorry John, you're a lovely man, but you got on me on Howard Stern, bro, and I don't forget anything, you know."
When Piers asked if Charlie has done cocaine, Charlie answered, "I used to," and when Piers later asked whether he would deny doing "loads of cocaine," Charlie replied, "No, of course not."
He said that recently, his lifestyle began to take its toll: "I stumbled into an area, suddenly, that didn't need sleep. I could function without sleep," and, for the first time, Charlie spoke publicly about a recent night when he was rushed to the hospital.
He told Piers, "I hadn't done any [drugs] for awhile, like seven hours, but I had this hernia thing that was popping out. … I won't take [pain pills], so I maybe hit the vodka a little too hard to reduce the pain." Charlie called the incident, "that final push, that final drop down the falls."
But Charlie insisted to Piers that he is currently clean, even pulling a negative drug test out of his pocket and handing it to the CNN host. He said he doesn't know how long he's been clean for, explaining, "I don't know because I'm not being held hostage by AA anymore, [so] I don't count my days."
Charlie said that he has two girlfriends (who he calls "the goddesses") and said that he thinks his life "is straight-up bitchin'."
When it comes to his kids, four of whom are under age 7, Charlie insists, "What I can control is them never being exposed to anything dangerous at any time." And he said that he has always been sure to keep his adult lifestyle and his children separate: "Those things just don't go together. But that's just common sense and courtesy, isn't it?"
When it comes to his recent comments about "Men" producer Chuck Lorre, in which he called him "Chaim Levine" in what some have called an anti-semitic remark, Charlie said, "I should have thought about it. It was stupid." But he explains in his own defense, "He calls me Carlos Estevez all the time and then I saw the other name in his vanity card and I said it." (EW.com reports that Lorre did in fact refer to the name "Chaim" in a vanity card that aired February 7.)
Charlie said that he wants to get back to work on "Men," but would first demand that he and all of the cast and crew of "Men" get paid for the eight episodes remaining on this season. He also said that while he "would have to play ball on some front," when it comes to a contract regarding his conduct, he insisted, "They don't have a right to interfere in my personal life. I don't interfere in their's."
Charlie also said that none of his "Men" castmates have reached out in a positive way: "It would have been nice if there was some measure of support from anybody."
Charlie has no plans to retire from showbiz, claiming that he has been in discussion for movie roles with Hollywood heavyweights including Francis Ford Coppola and Sylvester Stallone, and that Mel Gibson and Sean Penn have both reached out to offer support.
At one point in the interview, Piers told Charlie, "You sound alarmingly normal."
Related stories on ETonline.com:UPDATE: Did Charlie Sheen Influence Decision to Pay 'Two and Half Men' Crew?Charlie Sheen Suing CBS for $320 Million