Billie Lourd pays tribute to Carrie Fisher at 'Star Wars' premiere
Carrie Fisher's absence was hard to ignore at this past weekend's premiere of "Star Wars: The Last Jedi," but the late star's daughter made sure her mom was there in spirit. As a sweet homage to Carrie, Billie, 24, wore her hair in a braid piled on top of her head a la Carrie's iconic Princess Leia 'do at the Los Angeles screening on Saturday, Dec. 9. Billie, who plays Lieutenant Connix in the film, completed the look with a floor-length, silver Tom Ford gown as she walked the red carpet with her dad, talent agent Bryan Lourd. Carrie completed her scenes for the movie prior to her death in 2016.
RELATED: Celebs gone too soon
Kim Kardashian admits using a surrogate is 'frustrating'
Kim Kardashian West and Kanye West are set to welcome their third via surrogate soon and as Kim explained on the Sunday, Dec. 10 edition of "Keeping Up With the Kardashians," she has some conflicted feelings about the fact that she wasn't able to carry the baby herself because of medical complications during pregnancy that could seriously harm or even kill her. "I'm seriously so grateful for her and that someone is just so like selfless and kind to do this," she said (via JustJared). "And I definitely want to keep it private. I don't want people to find my surrogate. Like I don't want them to harass her. Like, she doesn't know how to handle stuff like that, this isn't her world." Despite being thankful, though, Kim still feels funny about certain aspects of the situation. "It is frustrating like to not be able to do it on your own. It is a weird dynamic," she revealed. "Like, I go to all the doctor's appointments and I try to be really present, but when you're not carrying it yourself it is such a fine balance of how much you're going to be in their lives. Of course I want to know every last detail that's going on with my baby and that's super frustrating, but I really trust my surrogate and I don't want to be that person that's trying to control her every move. It's going to be a long hard process but I'm going to take it one day at a time and hopefully it just gets easier." News Kim and Kanye had hired a surrogate was revealed in July.
RELATED: Celebrity babies of 2017
Rob Lowe evacuates from his home amid California fires
Rob Lowe joined the growing ranks of Southern Californians displaced by the wildfires that have been raging for the past week. "I want to tell everybody so far we're ok," he said in an Instagram story posted on Sunday, Dec. 10 (via the Daily Mail). "We're evacuating my house in Santa Barbara. It's really smoky." Speaking through a mask to protect his lungs from the smoke, he thanked followers for their "prayers and thoughts," then added, "good luck to the firefighters we need you." As of Sunday, the six active fires in the state were the size of New York City and Boston combined, according to CNN. Ellen DeGeneres evacuated her home over the weekend, as well. "Everyone in the Montecito area is checking up on each other and helping to get people and animals to safety," she tweeted. "I'm proud to be a part of this community. I'm sending lots of love and gratitude to the fire department and sheriffs. Thank you all."
Kylie Jenner's new makeup truck draws crowds in Los Angeles
Kylie Jenner's beauty world takeover continued this weekend as the 20-year-old unveiled her new roving store, the Kylie Truck. The pink and silver travel-ready boutique drew gobs of customers beginning on Friday, Dec. 8, when lines of Kylie Cosmetics fans munched on cupcake giveaways and checked out lipstick swatches while waiting to pick up items from Kylie's new holiday collection at the Grove in Los Angeles, according to Celebitchy. The truck also popped up at the Saks Fifth Avenue in Beverly Hills over the weekend. Despite some griping from customers who find her products too expensive, Kylie's company is expected to be worth $1 billion by 2022.
Chris Evans invites bullied boy to the 'Avengers' premiere
Chris Evans may have helped a boy in Tennessee prove to the bullies at his school that mistreating others doens't get you too far in life. On Sunday, Dec. 10, the "Avengers: Infinity War" star posted a tweet to Keaton Jones, a boy whose frustrated mom asked for help on social media with her the bullying her son faces every day. "They make fun of my nose. They call me ugly. They say I have no friends," Keaton says through tears in a video posted by his mother. "Just out of curiosity, why do they bully? What's the point of it? Why do you find joy in taking innocent people and finding a way to be mean to them? It's not OK. … People that are different don't need to be criticized about it. It's not their fault." Chris apparently caught wind of the viral video and decided to reach out directly. "Stay strong, Keaton. Don't let them make you turn cold. I promise it gets better," he tweeted. "While those punks at your school are deciding what kind of people they want to be in this world, how would you and your mom like to come to the Avengers premiere in LA next year?" Keaton's older sister replied, telling the star her brother "would love" to join him for the premiere. "I'm on it," Chris tweeted. Other celebs including Demi Lovato and Justin Bieber have also contacted Keaton with messages of support. One Twitter user who was following the outpouring of love posted, "this is like a runaway, out-of-control snowball of pure awesome." We couldn't agree more!
Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves step out with Gerard Butler and Morgan Brown
Duran Duran had a slew of famous fans come out for their show at the Faena Theater in Miami Beach on Saturday, Dec. 9. Among them? Gerard Butler and his girlfriend Morgan Brown and Matthew McConaughey and his wife, Camila Alves, who looked like they were enjoying a double date. The show took place in the same neighborhood where the celeb-packed international art show Art Basel was taking place. According to the Daily Mail, Matthew and Camila have been staying in Miami with their kids while Matthew films his new comedy, "Beach Bums."
Jennifer Lopez bonds with her 'Second Act' co-stars
There's definitely some good chemistry on the set of "Second Act," thanks to happy vibes between its female stars, Jennifer Lopez, Vanessa Hudgens and Leah Remini. The actresses each shared photos over the weekend that proved they're having a blast shooting the film, which stars J. Lo as a big box store worker who reinvents her life, according to imdb. "Love this little one… 👯♂️💕 #secondact #classandsass #mayaandzoe," Jennifer captioned a sweet photo of herself with Vanessa on Instagram. Vanessa shared the same photo, writing, "When work isn't work cause you get to hang with the ultimate babe @jlo #secondact," on the shot. Later, Jennifer and Leah put their feet up and enjoyed some downtime while looking out on the nighttime lights of the Big Apple through a skyscraper window. "Just a couple of New York girls…🌃,," she captioned the shot. Leah, who's super tight with J.Lo in real life, plays Jenifer's character's best friend in the film, due out next year.
Melanie Martinez thanks fans for believing her side of Timothy Heller's rape allegation
A week after singer Timothy Heller announced she was sexually assaulted by her best friend, singer Melanie Martinez, in 2015, Melanie thanked the fans who believed her account of what Timothy said happened between them. "I understand how hard it could be to see my side of the story, considering no one with a heart would want to invalidate anyone speaking up about this topic," Melanie tweeted over the weekend. "I want to thank my fans who took the time to research the timeline, analyze past Instagram photos, and question the story being told, which reveal her false statements. I trust so many people in my life who took advantage of that trust for their own personal gain. Please know that my intentions with everything that I do in my life are always pure and I would never be intimate with someone without their absolute consent." It was the second time Melanie addressed the claim, the first being her initial denial. Timothy claimed Melanietook advantage of her during what she described as "the most difficult time in my life." "I never said yes. I said no, repeatedly. But she used her power over me, and broke me down," Timothy said. "Just so there is no confusion, I was molested by my best friend." She added: "I beg you to imagine her role in this being a man. Girls can rape girls. Best friends can rape best friends. Friendships does not equal consent. Silence doesn't equal consent. I wish it wasn't so hard for me to convince myself of these things."
Why Lupita Nyong'o isn't worried about being pigeonholed
In February, Lupita Nyong'o returns to the big screen in the Marvel action film, "Black Panther." The genre is a departure for the Oscar-winner, who Vogue touts as "Hollywood's newest superhero" in the magazine's January 2018 edition. Though she's best known for serious dramatic projects like "12 Years a Slave," Lupita explains to Vogue she's all about trying new things. She says it helps her stay childlike in a way that feels like an asset. Lupita, 34, also opens up about dealing with potentially being pigeonholed as an actress of color in the feature. "I got such a head start in this industry that it is not in my best interest to look for struggle," she says. "That's such a powerless place for me to think about: what is working against me. I don't think of what I don't have; I think of what I do, and use that to get the next thing. It's a finite reservoir, so it's important that I safeguard it with my life." A generally private person, by Hollywood standards, Lupita also safeguards details about her her romantic life — and she isn't shy about telling a reporter she intends to keep it that way. "You can ask, but you definitely won't get an answer," Lupita says. "There have been rumors and rumors and rumors about my love life. That's the one area that I really like to hold close to my heart."
Seth Rogen cancels SiriusXM press tour over Steve Bannon
Seth Rogen is taking a stand against what Steve Bannon stands for. On Friday, Dec. 8, the Disaster Artist" star announced he was skipping a scheduled press tour with Sirius because the radio company reinstated the neo-conservative former White House strategist to the "Breitbart News Daily" show. "I was supposed to do a press tour on SiriusXM on teusday [sic] but I'm no longer doing it because I can't bring myself to appear on the same service that has decided to support Steve Bannon," Seth wrote on Twitter. "Apologies to the shows I had to cancel. And f— Steve Bannon." Sirius responded by issuing a statement assuring listeners it would always prioritize free speech. "Since its inception, SiriusXM has promised to deliver a diversity of opinions and viewpoints, from conservative to progressive to everything in between. SiriusXM takes no political position of our own across our more than 175 channels, but we are here to provide an open forum no matter where listeners stand on the political spectrum," the statement read (via the New York Post). "We ardently believe that by allowing a virtually unlimited platform of viewpoints, we are doing our best to uphold that core value." Melissa Etheridge and John Leguizamo have announced they're boycotting Sirius as well.