Ryan Reynolds hilariously shares special Father's Day cocktail recipe for 'The Vasectomy'
Ryan Reynolds is celebrating Father's Day a little bit early this year — with gin, in the form of a cocktail the father of three says he's dubbed "'The Vasectomy' for no reason in particular." The actor shows off the recipe in a new ad for his Aviation Gin brand. The clip, posted on his Instagram on June 9, shows Ryan behind a bar speaking in a tone of not-so-thinly veiled sarcasm. "First, fill a tall glass with ice … the way children fill our lives with so much joy," he says, spilling cubes across the bar. "Next, pour one ounce of cranberry juice. Sweet," he continues, gulping briefly for air, "… just like their little smiles." As he opens a bottle of tonic, he tells the camera, "Then pour three ounces of tonic … so bubbly." The bottle explodes and sprays all over the bar as Ryan — who shares daughters Betty, 1, Inez, 4, and James, 6, with Blake Lively — cracks up, forcing another take. "So bubbly," he continues, "… just like I feel everyday I wake up after a long full night of sleep." He stares into the camera and drops the bottle on the ground. "Now, add a dash of lemon juice. Fresh if you have a few minutes to squeeze one or store bought if the little ones have you running around today, the little scamps," he says. "Finally, we're going to one and a half ounces of Aviation American Gin. The world's highest rated gin for the world's highest rated job — dad." He pours … and pours … and keeps pouring the gin. After stirring and tossing on some garnish, Ryan announces, "Now … that is as refreshing as fatherhood. A little something I call 'The Vasectomy' for no reason at all." Before the ad wraps up, Ryan muses, "When people see this they're going to be like, 'Has he been outside?'"
Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' exit came after tense negotiations, may have included $25 million payout demand: Report
Chris Harrison's permanent exit from "The Bachelor" franchise reportedly came after increasingly tense negotiations regarding his future with the the show and its spin-offs. That's according to both Variety — which reported this week that Chris' team was angry that ABC Entertainment and Warner Horizon did little to support Chris publicly as discussions about his future on the shows dragged on — and Page Six, which claims the former host demanded a $25 million payout to leave. Chris stepped aside from "The Bachelor" earlier this year amid backlash over his defense of contestant Rachael Kirkconnell's past racially offensive actions and social media posts. But as he said on "Good Morning America" after publicly apologizing, he hoped to return to the show. Variety reports Chris and his lawyer came to the table "with ammo of their own" during negotiations about his future with the franchise. Page Six, meanwhile quotes multiple sources close to the situation as saying ABC hoped Chris would leave "quietly." Instead, he reportedly threatened to air "nearly 20 years of dirt" that he's accumulated about the shows and their participants. "He knows a lot about inappropriate behavior on set: fights between contestants, misbehavior including use of illegal substances while overseas and complaints from producers that were allegedly brushed under the carpet by ABC execs," one insider told Page Six, adding that Chris had been "making $5 million a season." His final settlement was reportedly less than his $25 million request. On June 9, the franchise announced guest hosts for "Bachelor In Paradise" will include Lil Jon, Tituss Burgess, David Spade and Lance Bass.
Katie Holmes, ex Emilio Vitolo share sweet Instagram exchange months after split
Katie Holmes and Emilio Vitolo Jr. may have ended their romance, but the two appear to remain supportive friends. On June 8, the actress and producer congratulated her ex on the upcoming premiere of "Almost a Year," a short film Katie co-wrote and co-produced that features Emilio in the cast. "I am so excited for the start of the @tribecafilmfestival today!!!!!" Katie, 42, wrote on Instagram alongside a handful of stills from the movie. "I am so honored to have been a part of the making of ALMOST A YEAR which is premiering at #Tribeca2021 as part of #TribecaAtHome …," she continued. "Congratulations to the very talented and amazing cast @eveclindley @emiliovitolo @lilmitz_ and director @jamiesonbaker." Emilio replied in the comments by posting a long line of heart eye emojis. Per Tribeca's website, "Almost a Year," tells story of how "the overlapping routines of three New Yorkers (Eve Lindley, Emilio Vitolo, Mitzi Akaha) change unexpectedly" over the course of the coronavirus pandemic. It was during that same period that Katie and Emilio reportedly fell for each other. The two were spotted kissing while out to dinner in September 2020, after which they seemed to become inseparable, stepping out together for more lunch and dinner dates, strolling through Central Park and enjoying the Big Apple as a couple. By mid-May, multiple outlets had reported they'd called it quits.
RELATED: Celebrity splits of 2021
Teyana Taylor is Maxim's first Black Sexiest Woman Alive
This week, Maxim released its annual Hot 100: Women of Influence list, crowning Teyana Taylor the Sexiest Woman in the World in its July/August 2021 issue. The honor makes Teyana the first Black woman ever to top the long-running list. "A graceful choreographer-dancer, actor-director and top ten recording star," Maxim writes of Teyana, "she has brains, talent and, well, the photos show the rest." As the 30-year-old mother of two shared on Instagram, the gorgeous photos were actually taken right after Teyana had dropped one of her kids off. And even though she had no makeup on and her hair wasn't done — at least not for a photo shoot –photographer Gilles Bensimon insisted on shooting her more natural, "pure" look rather than letting her get too gussied up. "Somebody pinch me!!!!" Teyana wrote, posting a pic of the cover. "Maxim Hot 100 to be named the 'Sexiest Woman alive' by literally living in the skin I'm in. WOW…."
Howie Mandel reveals lifelong battle with severe anxiety, OCD and depression
Howie Mandel wants to "remove the stigma" around anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder, or OCD. The "America's Got Talent" judge, 65, opens about his lifelong struggle with both mental health issues, as well as depression, in People's June 21 issue. "I'm living in a nightmare …," Howie admits. "I try to anchor myself. I have a beautiful family and I love what I do. But at the same time, I can fall into a dark depression I can't get out of." Howie says he usually keeps intrusive thoughts like "we could die" at bay by looking to others and seeing that "everybody around me was OK." That wasn't so easy from March 2020 until COVID-19 vaccines were available. "It's good to latch onto OK. But [during the pandemic] the whole world was not OK. And it was absolute h—," he explains. Another challenge was being honest about his diagnoses. He recalls worrying he'd embarrass his family and never work again. Eventually, though, humor helped him manage his condition. "My coping skill is finding the funny. If I'm not laughing, then I'm crying. And I still haven't been that open about how dark and ugly it really gets," he shares, adding that "comedy saved" him and kept him from turning "inward" with his repetitive dark thoughts. "My life's mission is to remove the stigma. I'm broken. But this is my reality," Howie adds. "I know there's going to be darkness again — and I cherish every moment of light."
Kanye West's Yeezy Gap jackets did not sell out, despite reports
After a year of hype and with virtually no warning, Kanye West surprised fans by releasing the first item from his Yeezy collaboration with Gap on his birthday, June 8. The $200 "RoundJacket" is a puffy, blue nylon unisex jacket with no closures, and Kanye's fans quickly began ordering the piece online. Within a few hours, anyone attempting to order the jacket got a "sold out" message on their screen, prompting multiple outlets to claim the jackets were already gone. That wasn't the case. The Yeezy Gap jackets were actually still available for pre-order as of June 9, but "a glitch due to high demand" caused the website to display the "sold out" message, a Gap rep later told Forbes. Kanye's collaboration with the brand was said to be a potential savior for the company, whose sales were reportedly slumping prior to the coronavirus pandemic. Per Forbes, it's still unclear how helpful the Yeezy connection will be. Gap shares jumped nearly 40 percent last June when the company announced its deal with Kanye. Halfway through the day the jackets were released, though, shares were only up about 2.5 percent. Then again, Kanye — who once told Style.com he wants "to be the Steve Jobs of Gap" — has 10 years to make that happen, per the terms of his deal with the brand.
Robert De Niro explains why he bailed on 1988's 'Big'
It's true! Robert De Niro has confirmed he ditched the chance to star in the now iconic 1988 comedy "Big." "We had a thing with the negotiation, the thing, so it went the way it went," Robert told Jimmy Fallon on "The Tonight Show" this week, per People. "So, it's fine," he added. Jimmy asked about "Big" because Elizabeth Perkins sparked a wave of buzz during a recent appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" where she said Robert "was actually cast in the role of Josh" but "it fell apart because he had a scheduling conflict." Tom Hanks got the role instead, of course, and promptly became a huge star. Elizabeth added to Andy Cohen that "Big" would have been "a totally different movie" had Robert been her leading man.
Khloe Kardashian slams Kanye West birthday post critic
Khloe Kardashian isn't here for criticism of her friendship with her brother-in-law, Kanye West. Despite his ongoing divorce from Kim Kardashian West, Kanye got lots of birthday love from Kim's family on social media this week, including a sweet note from Khloe in which she called him her "brother for life" and shared a photo of the two, along with Tristan Thompson and Kim. "Have the best birthday Ye! Sending you love and endless blessings!!" Khloe wrote alongside the pic. Kim, who wrote "love u for life" on one of multiple b-day posts for her ex, commented on Khloe's message with a red balloon emoji. Apparently none of this sat well with one Instagram user. "Im sorry Kim. The whole 'brother for life' thing is too petty for me," the person wrote in response to Kim's emoji. "Your sister bond should be much more strong than feeling the need to say that. Your divorce was so hard on you even the picture is uncalled for. There is so many other pictures. Google could of been her friend. This wasn't cute but im glad your being strong through it all." That's when Khloe's claws came out. "Why are you even commenting on something you know nothing about?" she replied in the thread. "You don't think me and my sister's talk about one another's feelings? We are with one another every day. This is MY FAMILY. Not yours! Don't comment as if you in the know unless you are actually in the know." She closed by calling the person a "weirdo."
R. Kelly's legal defense team shrinks ahead of federal trial
R. Kelly's sex abuse and racketeering trial is set to begin Aug. 9 in a New York City federal court, but the embattled singer just lost at least two of his defense attorneys. On June 7, Steve Greenberg, who had been Kelly's lead lawyer, and Michael Leonard asked permission to withdraw from the case, according to ABC News. Two days later at a status hearing, they said they were getting no cooperation from the singer's other lawyers. Greenberg told the judge Kelly "wouldn't meet" with him and Leonard about their "concerns." Speaking to ABC, Greenberg said of the remaining attorneys on the case, "They are just trying to make us look bad rather than take any accountability for their own inexperience." One of the other lawyers, Thomas Farinella, told the judge it was Kelly's call to get rid of Greenberg and Leonard, which Kelly seemed to confirm to the judge in the hearing. The singer is facing charges he operated a "criminal enterprise" in which he trafficked women and girls for sex and threatened "to keep them under his control," according to ABC. He has denied the sex trafficking allegations. He's also set to go to trial in a separate sex abuse case in Chicago in September.