Ronnie Ortiz-Magro is breathing a little easier after the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office ruled that it doesn't have enough sufficient evidence to charge him with a felony following his recent domestic violence arrest.
The "Jersey Shore" star could still be charged with a misdemeanor, which would be a violation of his probation.
TMZ reports that the case has been kicked down to the L.A. City Attorney's Office, which will determine if a misdemeanor charge is warranted.
"If this reporting is true, as we said from the beginning, initial reports and unreviewed charges are often and; in Ronnie's case, wrong," the reality TV star's attorney said. "We are glad the DA's office made this decision not to charge a felony. We will await a decision from the County Attorney's office."
On April 22, Ronnie was arrested following an alleged domestic incident in Los Angeles with his girlfriend, Saffire Matos. Shortly after, Saffire, who reportedly called 911 during the incident, said some of the reports about the arrest were "misleading." Ronnie later thanked his "real friends" who hadn't "betrayed" him.
The arrest could have real ramifications for Ronnie, who's currently on probation for a domestic violence incident in L.A. involving his ex, Jen Harley, with whom he shares a daughter.
During that 2019 incident, Ronnie reportedly chased Jen with a knife during a moment of rage and allegedly threatened to kill her. At some point, police said he took their then-1-year-old daughter, Ariana, away from Jen and locked himself in a house they'd rented. Police eventually broke down the door, tased Ronnie and handcuffed him.
Last year, Ronnie struck a plea deal in the 2019 case, and he was given three years of probation that require him to keep his nose clean. This is where the new arrest could be highly problematic for him.