Paulina Porizkova stuns, bares it all in unretouched pics from photo shoot
Paulina Porizkova's "pro-aging" campaign continues! The 56-year-old model appears on the new cover of Los Angeles Magazine without a stitch on her super-fit bod as part of the publication's tribute to "the gray pride movement." But as she explained in an Instagram caption on Aug. 24, some fans "were unhappy about the retouching" on the version heading to newsstands. So, in the interest of truly baring it all, Paulina posted "an unretouched version straight from the photographer," Jill Greenberg, that shows her looking utterly gorgeous as her arms and long locks cover just enough to satisfy Instagram's rules. "No, I don't walk along around looking this fab on a normal day," she assured followers. "This look took two hours of professional make up and hair. And body makeup. And excellent lighting by and talented photographer. But the result is me looking my best- with no retouching and no filters and no anything else." She also posted a video from the shoot that shows her rocking out to the Bee Gees' "Stayin' Alive," while mostly au naturel. "Ironically, 'staying alive' is exactly what we're fortunate enough to do as we age. Carpe diem!" she wrote in the caption. In sharing the original cover last week, Paulina included a quote from the cover story — "ageism has become the last socially acceptable form of discrimination" — and a word of wisdom for critics: "For all of you who have an issue with an older woman celebrating her body and age, there is an unfollow button. Don't make an a** of yourself by showing us all you don't know how to use it.😜."
Keep reading for the latest on Lizzo's racy Drake shout-out in "Rumors" and more …
Lizzo says Drake contacted her about racy 'Rumors' lyric featuring his name
Has Chris Evans been replaced?! Lizzo, whose Captain America crush has spawned all kinds of TikTok hilariousness in recent months, virtually visited "Jimmy Kimmel Live" on Aug. 24, where she dished on the making of "Rumors," her new hit featuring Cardi B. At one point, guest host Niall Horan asked about a racy lyric in the song, where Lizzo quips, "No, I ain't f—– Drake yet." "Do explain …," Niall asked the singer. Always quick on her feet, Lizzo turned the line of questioning around and joked, "OK, so the original line was, 'No, I ain't f—– Niall yet.' The label said it was a little bit provocative. So I changed it to Drake," she said, calling Drizzy "a safer bet." Asked if Drake was aware of the line, Lizzo breezily replied, "I think he's heard the number four song in the country." She eventually confirmed she had "heard from Drake" about the lyric. "But that's all I'm gonna say on that," Lizzo added.
RELATED: Hollywood's most body-positive stars
Kylie Jenner, Travis Scott reportedly tried for baby No. 2 for 'almost a year'
Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott, who are reportedly expecting their second child, spent "almost a year" trying to conceive, an insider tells Us Weekly. "Kylie really wanted her siblings to be close in age because she feels so close to Kendall [Jenner] and wants that for Stormi," the source explained. On Aug. 21, multiple outlets confirmed Kylie, 24, is pregnant, having rekindled her romance with on-off partner, Travis Scott. Since the couple welcomed their first child, Stormi Webster, now 3, they've stayed close friends and co-parents, despite their changing romantic status — a fact Kylie often highlights with loving posts about cute moments shared by Stormi and her rapper dad. Earlier this week, the cosmetics mogul posted photos of a giant yellow school bus Travis apparently rented for Stormi to satisfy her current obsession with the things. The gift sparked some hilarious commentary on social media pegged to Stormi's curiosity about how, as one user put it, "her middle class" contemporaries get to school and back.
RELATED: Celebs who had babies in 2021
Star of Nirvana's baby-centric 'Nevermind' cover sues band for 'child pornography'
Spencer Elden, who three decades ago appeared on the cover of Nirvana's seminal 1991 album, "Nevermind," is now suing the band, accusing them of "child sexual exploitation." According to CNN, the filing claims Spencer, now 30 and a professional visual artist, suffered "lifelong damages" after being featured in the now famous photograph, which was taken by photographer Kirk Weddle, a friend of Spencer's parents, as a substitute for Kurt Cobain's original plan to have a water birth on the cover. Spencer's parents reportedly got $200 for their family's participation. "…Cobain chose the image depicting Spencer — like a sex worker — grabbing for a dollar bill that is positioned dangling from a fishhook in front of his … body," which is completely bare, the complaint alleges. The lawsuit comes after Spencer previously used the baby pic as inspiration for multiple adult re-enactments, staged on at least three album anniversaries, per Artnet. The outlet also points out he has the album's title tattooed across his chest. Speaking to The Guardian in 2015, Spencer said, "It is weird being part of such a culturally iconic image, because I didn't really have anything to do with it. But it's opened doors for me." In an interview with GQ Australia the following year, however, he said he no longer felt positive about the situation. Asked when his position changed, he said, "just a few months ago" when Nirvana didn't seem eager to "be part of [an] art show" Spencer was planning with the photographer who originally took the photo. "I was getting referred to their managers and their lawyers," he told GQ, asking, "Why am I still on their cover if I'm not that big of a deal?" Spencer's suing surviving band members Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselick, plus the executors of Kurt Cobain's estate, including Courtney Love. Other defendants include the photographer "and various record labels," according to CNN. He's asking for $150,000 in damages from each defendant and wants his legal costs covered.
Blake Lively, Ryan Reynolds donate $40k to Haiti earthquake recovery efforts
As recovery efforts continue in Haiti following a devastating earthquake nearly two weeks ago, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds have donated $10,000 each to four humanitarian organizations there, E! News reported this week. Hope for Haiti thanked the couple for their assistance on social media on Aug. 24, writing, that the donation "will help empower our team to continue to respond in the hardest-hit areas of southern Haiti in the days and weeks to come." The pair also contributed to relief efforts via FOKAL/Haiti Tomorrow, which is using donations to support grassroots and farmers' organizations on the ground in Haiti; Airlink, which is providing transport for NGO relief workers and emergency supplies; and Haiti Air Ambulance, a rep for Blake and Ryan confirmed to E! News. The couple's Hope for Haiti contribution will help fund mobile clinics in hard-hit areas and food delivery distribution costs via World Central Kitchen, per TMZ. When the 7.2 magnitude quake struck southwestern Haiti on Aug. 14, the effects killed at least 2,200 people and injured some 12,000 more, according to NBC News. Recovery efforts have been complicated by tropical storms, the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and a tenuous political situation following the July 7 assassination of Haiti's late president, Jovenel Moïse. Cardi B, whose parents are Dominican and Trinidadian, has also been posting her support for Haiti, as has tennis star Naomi Osaka, whose father is from Haiti. Bethenny Frankel's B Strong organization is also reportedly fundraising for medical supplies, food and other aid needs.
Kanye West won't require proof of vaccination, negative COVID tests at 'Donda' listening party
Fans who attend Kanye West's third "Donda" listening party won't have to show proof they're vaccinated against COVID-19 or a recent negative coronavirus test to enter, according to TMZ. The event — slated to take place Aug. 26 at Soldier Field in the rapper's hometown of Chicago — will offer attendees a chance to get a shot of either the Pfizer, which is now FDA-approved, or Johnson & Johnson vaccine. TMZ reports the vax offerings come courtesy of Soldier Field's ASM Global Management and the City of Chicago, however, not 'Ye, as he hopes to be legally called in the near future. While Soldier Field listed no vaccine or test result mandates on its website as of Aug. 25, Kanye expressed anti-vax views as recently as last summer, when he referenced some pandemic misinformation and conspiracy theories in an out-there interview with Forbes. "That's the mark of the beast," he said of the vaccines. "They want to put chips inside of us, they want to do all kinds of things, to make it where we can't cross the gates of heaven." It's unclear whether 'Ye will actually release the new album after the listening party, but his manager has insisted on social media that he will.
Cynthia Nixon reacts to Andrew Cuomo being stripped of his Emmy
Cynthia Nixon's gubernatorial dreams may not have come true in New York, but maybe she has a future in comedy. On Aug. 24, as Kathy Hochul was sworn in as the state's first female governor after Andrew Cuomo resigned amid a pile-up of sexual harassment allegations, Cynthia took to Twitter with one perfect, Miranda Hobbes-style zinger: "The difference between me and Andrew Cuomo? Neither of us is governor, but I still have my Emmy(s)," the "Sex and the City" alum wrote. The two-time Emmy winner, who lost to Andrew in her 2018 bid for governor, was referring to The International Academy of Television Arts and Sciences' announcement that it will strip Andrew of the honorary Emmy he won last year for his use of TV "to inform and calm people around the world" with updates on the coronavirus pandemic, according to Entertainment Weekly. The Academy said it decided to take the award back "in light of the New York Attorney General's report" that determined Andrew sexually harassed 11 women during his tenure in office. Cynthia's currently shooting the "SATC" reboot, "And Just Like That" in New York City with Sarah Jessica Parker and Kristin Davis.
Would-be 'Jeopardy!' host Mike Richards will undergo sensitivity training
After stepping down from his newly announced "Jeopardy!" hosting gig, Mike Richards will return to his previous role as executive producer on both "Jeopardy!" and "Wheel of Fortune." He's also slated to undergo "sensitivity training," the New York Times confirmed on Aug. 25, citing a call in which Sony's highest-ranking TV exec reportedly "instructed staff not to speak to reporters." Mike's reinstatement follows waves of backlash over his past remarks about women's looks, unemployed people and Jewish noses, among other offensive comments he made on a podcast he hosted years ago. Other comments that have resurfaced are things he allegedly said to women on the set of "The Price Is Right" that contributed to two workplace discrimination lawsuits filed by former models on the show during his tenure.