Seth Green says Bill Murray threw him in a trash can backstage at 'SNL' when he was 9 and Bill was 31
Allegations about Bill Murray's inappropriate behavior are starting to pile up. In her new memoir, Geena Davis writes that the comic coerced her into massaging him and screamed at her on the set of 1990's "Quick Change." And Puck recently reported Bill paid a $100,000 settlement to a production staffer who accused him of straddling and kissing her on the set of "Being Mortal" earlier this year. Now, Seth Green says Bill once "dangled" him over a trashcan by the ankles, then threw him in it, backstage at "Saturday Night Live" when Seth was 9 and Bill was 31. The "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" alum was participating in a skit on "SNL" and was in the green room watching TV when Bill walked in, Seth recalled on YouTube's "Good Mythical Morning." "He saw me sitting on the arm of this chair and made a big fuss about me being in his seat," Seth said. "And I was like, 'That is absurd. I am sitting on the arm of this couch. There are several lengths of this sofa. Kindly, e** off.' And he was like, 'That's my chair.'" Seth's mom apparently suggested her son give up the seat "since he's the Bill Murray." Seth didn't want to. "And I go — I've never been more indignant … 'Are you this much of a jerk? You're this rude to tell a [kid] to get out of your [chair]? … What is this power play?'" Seth recalled. "He picked me up by my ankles… he dangled me over a trash can and he was like, 'The trash goes in the trash can,'" he continued. "And I was screaming, and I swung my arms wildly. … He dropped me in the trash can, the trash can falls over. I was horrified. I ran away, hid under the table in my dressing room and just cried." Seth recalled thinking at the time, "I've never been so embarrassed in my life." He said cast members Eddie Murphy and Tim Kazurinsky tried to cheer him up before the show by telling him: "'Hey, everybody knows Bill's a d***, you know? He's hosting the show. He's probably really, like, nervous about it.' You be a pro …" Bill, 72, has yet to respond to multiple outlets' requests for comment.
Now keep reading for more big celeb news…
RELATED: Bill Murray's life in photos
That time George Clooney pranked Meryl Streep and Brad Pitt with some help from Jimmy Kimmel …
George Clooney's obsession with pranking his costars is the stuff of Hollywood legend and it seems even Meryl Streep is not immune. George stopped by "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" on Thursday (Oct. 13), with his longtime pal and "Ticket To Paradise" leading lady, Julia Roberts. When Jimmy asked Julia if she'd ever fallen prey to George's pranks over the years, she said she "would fall for everything" when they were shooting 2001's "Ocean's Eleven." George then outed Jimmy as being one of his pranking teammates and revealed the the late-night host inspired a particularly nasty trick George played on Meryl Streep and Brad Pitt. "He'll send me stationery of just, like, people's names," George said, gesturing at Jimmy. "You sent me Brad Pitt's stationery. And I send letters to people from Brad Pitt — horrible letters," George admitted. "I mean, I saw Meryl Streep the other night, sent her a letter years ago with a bunch of CDs that were [by a] dialect coach. I sent it from Brad. A bunch of CDs to Meryl Streep. Said, "This guy helped me with my accent in 'Troy,' I thought maybe he could help you,'" he recalled writing to the acclaimed, three-time Oscar-winner. "Meryl said she avoided Brad for like five years," George said, cracking up. He also revealed Jimmy once sent him White House stationary, complete with gold embossing. "Bill Clinton's actual stationery," he recalled. "And I send actors all the time letters from Bill Clinton about how much he loved their movie. Which I guarantee they're hanging up in their homes. So if anyone's watching, take the picture down, take it down!'"
Teresa Giudice says she was 'used as an example' when she got jail time for fraud
Looking back, Teresa Giudice believes she only went to jail on fraud charges because she was on "Real Housewives of New Jersey." "I got used as an example," Teresa said on a panel at BravoCon on Friday (Oct. 14), according to People. "What's the saying? The good comes with the bad. Meaning, like, because I was on TV — if I was just a regular housewife, I probably wouldn't have went to jail." Teresa was released from prison in 2015 after serving 11 months of a 15-month prison sentence for her role in the bankruptcy and other fraud committed by her then-husband, Joe Giudice, who was hit with a 41-month sentence and later deported to Italy. On the panel, Teresa explained that she was shocked by her sentence. "Joe was telling them, 'She has nothing to do with it.' He told me, 'D***, they want you more than they want me!' And he was the one who did it," she recalled. "It was the most devastating thing in my entire life," Teresa added. "Just [think of] leaving your four daughters. My heart is just beating just talking about it." Asked what advice she'd offer other "Real Housewives" stars battling legal problems, Teresa replied: "Make sure your husband's filing taxes." Teresa and Joe's divorce was finalized in 2020. She married Luis Ruelas earlier this year.
Cuba Gooding Jr. won't get jail time in forcible touching case after complying with plea deal
Cuba Gooding Jr. will avoid jail time in the criminal sex abuse case that was first brought against him at the height of the #MeToo movement. On Thursday (Oct. 13), the "Jerry Maguire" star pleaded guilty to a single count of harassment after prosecutors confirmed he'd complied with the terms of a plea deal, according to The New York Times. Cuba was originally charged in 2019 with "groping or forcibly kissing" three women, the Times reported. Those claims sparked a wave of similar allegations from at least 19 more women who said the star touched various parts of their bodies without consent in venues such as bars and nightclubs. The district attorney's office wanted to present testimony from the 19 other women who said they had similar encounters with Cuba in order to prove there was a pattern to his alleged behavior. But in April, prosecutors said that a plea deal had been reached. As part of the terms of the deal, Cuba would plead guilty to the lesser harassment charge "as long as he was not arrested again and continued the alcohol and behavior modification treatment" program he started in 2019, according to the Times. All three women whose allegations fueled the original case submitted statements about that were read in court on Thursday. Kelsey Harbert, who appeared in person, said the plea deal "felt like a betrayal," since Cuba could now duck out of the situation he created as "a free man." She also described having been traumatized by the incident. The other two accusers echoed her sentiments, according to the Times.
'The Crown' unveils Season 5 photos featuring all-new cast
New photos of the long-awaited fifth season of Netflix's "The Crown" are here, and they include an extremely forlorn-looking Elizabeth Debicki as Princess Diana. The series returns next month with a new cast, as it's done every two seasons to show the members of Britain's royal family as their ages progress through the years. Another shot released by the streamer on Friday (Oct. 14) shows Dominic West as Prince Charles getting cozy with Camilla Parker Bowles, now played by Olivia Williams. According to Netflix, the new season sees Charles pressuring his mother, Queen Elizabeth II (Imelda Staunton) to let him divorce Diana. Additional photos show Charles and Diana with their children, Prince William (Timothee Sambor) and Prince Henry (Teddy Hawley), on a speedboat while on vacation and a rather stressed-looking Queen Elizabeth. The new season takes viewers from the late '80s through the early '90s, including what the queen once called her "annus horribilis." That would be 1992, when a fire devastated Windsor Castle and three of the monarch's children broke up with their spouses. Speaking to Netflix's Tudum blog, Elizabeth noted that "of all the seasons" of "The Crown," what's covered in Season 5 was inspired by a time when there was more "visual content … of the royal family" than ever before. "In the '90s, everything had started to be filmed and also it was the birth of the 24-hour news cycle, so there's just this incredible amount of content that we have access to," she explained. Season 5 hits Netflix on Nov. 9.
Beyonce denies 'deeply troubling' claims designer wasn't paid for work on 'Renaissance'
Once again, Beyonce's hitting back at what her team says are baseless claims of non-payment for work on "Renaissance." On Wednesday (Oct. 12), fashion designer Nusi Quero said on Instagram that he had yet to be paid via Bey's stylist for his work on the new album. Bey's rep, however, says the since-deleted Instagram claim is untrue — and they can prove it. "It is deeply troubling that designer Nusi Quero has posted damaging statements about Marni Senofonte regarding non-payments for work completed," Bey's rep told E! News in a statement published Friday. "In fact, he was paid for his work, and there is proof of all payments made. We have been in communication with his team and there were three payments made to him," the statement continued. "The first payment was made on May 9, 2022. The second payment, a fifty percent down payment on the agreed cost, was made via wire on July 8, 2022. The third and final payment was returned when he changed his account number. It was returned as an invalid account number based on an error on his part." Bey's rep added: "After persistent and exhausting communication to get the correct information on his account and two unsuccessful wire transfer attempts. A physical check was mailed to him for final payment on September 29, 2022." The '90s pop duo Right Said Fred recently alleged they were neither paid nor asked permission to use music from their hit "I'm Too Sexy" on the song "Alien Superstar." Last week, Beyonce's rep pointed to a paper trail showing the singer had gotten permission to use the music and paid the artists, who even "publicly spoke of their gratitude for being on the album."
'Harry Potter' star Robbie Coltrane has died at 72
The "Harry Potter" family paid tribute to Robbie Coltrane on social media on Friday (Oct. 14), amid news of his death. Robbie, who played Hagrid in the franchise, had reportedly been in declining health for a number of years before he died in a hospital in Scotland at age 72. "Robbie was one of the funniest people I've met and used to keep us laughing constantly as kids on that set," Daniel Radcliffe shared. "I've especially fond memories of him keeping our spirits up on 'Prisoner of Azkaban,' when we were all hiding from the torrential rain for hours in Hagrid's hut and he was telling stories and cracking jokes to keep morale up. I feel incredibly lucky that I got to meet and work with him and very sad that he's passed. He was an incredible actor and a lovely man." Robbie's contributions to British cinema — including the "Harry Potter" movies and the James Bond films "Goldeneye" and "The World Is Not Enough" — helped earn him an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in 2006.