Anna Faris says late 'Ghostbusters' director Ivan Reitman sexually harassed her on 2006 set
Anna Faris has named Ivan Reitman as the director she accused in 2017 of inappropriate behavior and touching on set. While discussing ideal director attributes with Lena Dunham on the Wednesday (Oct. 15) edition of her "Anna Faris Is Unqualified" podcast, Anna asked Lena if it would be OK to "speak ill of the dead," before bringing up her work on 2006's "My Super Ex-Girlfriend," directed by the late "Ghostbusters" and "Meatballs" filmmaker. "Well, one of my hardest film experiences was with Ivan Reitman," Anna said. "The idea of attempting to make a comedy under this, like, reign of terror … he was a yeller," she recalled. "He would bring down somebody every day and my first day it was me." The first scene Anna filmed featured Uma Thurman. But after a hair stylist spilled a jar full of wig glue onto her costume, she arrived on set 20 or 25 minutes late, she said. Asked if Ivan yelled at her, Anna recalled: "Man, I'm like, in the middle of the street that's all lit. You know, it's a night shoot. And Ivan is just taking me down. He was like, 'Annie' — he'd always called me Annie — he's like, 'You can't play like that around here.' And I was like, 'Don't do it. Don't cry. No crying.' And I felt angry and hurt and humiliated and defensive." According to Anna, she finally asked Ivan if he had not been told about the wig glue situation that had been caused by another person's error, not hers. "At that point, he kind of just shut up and then he went like, went behind the camera … But then later, he slapped my a**, too. That was a weird moment," she said. Looking back, Anna added of the incident: "… I think that I'm still of the generation and of the mentality of, like, how to calibrate that element. Like, on one hand, it wasn't anything. Whatever. My a** is fine. On the other hand, it was like I did have, like, 30 people around me, I think, expecting me to do something. And I didn't." She previously shared her story a 2017 edition of her podcast, but without naming the director, according to The Guardian. At the time, Anna said the slap happened when she was on a ladder for a scene. "I was supposed to be taking books off a shelf and he slapped my a** in front of the crew so hard," she recalled, adding that her first thought was to "giggle" as a way of dismissing it. "But it made me feel small. He wouldn't have done that to the lead male."
Keep reading for more news …
Kanye West moves to wrap up Kim Kardashian divorce amid potential $250M George Floyd lawsuit
After facing weeks of backlash — and a possible $250 million lawsuit — over his offensive claims about Jewish people and George Floyd, Kanye West has moved to settle the terms of his divorce from Kim Kardashian. Kim filed to end the marriage in February 2021, but has reportedly been stymied by her ex multiple times, with Ye, as he's now called legally, hiring new lawyers, refusing her court requests and making allegedly false claims about his access to their four kids. Now, his new attorney has filed a "declaration of disclosure," which usually happens when the divorce is within "days or weeks of the final judgment and settlement," according to Yahoo. The filing means he's sent Kim's lawyers all the necessary financial info and the stars have agreed on how to divvy up their money and assets, the outlet notes, adding that they likely don't have to agree on custody matters in order to proceed with the settlement. Meanwhile, George Floyd's relatives announced plans this week to file a $250 million lawsuit against Ye for his claims on a recent "Drink Champs" podcast that George died from fentanyl use, rather than from the force exerted on his neck for nearly nine minutes by then-police officer Derek Chauvin, who has since been convicted of George's murder.
Judi Dench calls for a disclaimer on Netflix's 'cruelly unjust' 'The Crown'
Dame Judi Dench is calling for Netflix to add a disclaimer "The Crown," indicating the show is "fictionalized drama." The acclaimed British actor argued her position in a letter to The Times published on Wednesday (Oct. 19), in which she criticized the popular series for making "cruelly unjust" claims about members of the royal family. "The closer the drama comes to our present times, the more freely it seems willing to blur the lines between historical accuracy and crude sensationalism," Judi writes. "Given some of the wounding suggestions apparently contained in the new series — that King Charles plotted for his mother to abdicate, for example, or once suggested his mother's parenting was so deficient that she might have deserved a jail sentence — this is both cruelly unjust to the individuals and damaging to the institution they represent," she continues. "No one is a greater believer in artistic freedom than I, but this cannot go unchallenged. Despite this week stating publicly that 'The Crown' has always been a 'fictionalized drama' the program makers have resisted all calls for them to carry a disclaimer at the start of each episode." According to Variety, Netflix responded to similar criticism in 2020 by saying its subscribers "understand [the show is] a work of fiction that's broadly based on historical events," therefore it sees "no need to add a disclaimer." Dame Judi clearly disagrees. "The time has come for Netflix to reconsider," she writes, "for the sake of a family and a nation so recently bereaved, as a mark of respect to a sovereign who served her people so dutifully for 70 years, and to preserve their own reputation in the eyes of their British subscribers." Season 5 of "The Crown" Season 5 airs on Nov. 9.
Matthew Perry says he had a '2 percent chance to live' after his colon burst from drug use
Matthew Perry says he fell into a coma and nearly died a few years ago, after his colon burst from opioid abuse. Best known for playing Chandler Bing on "Friends," the actor, 53, details his long battle with substance abuse in his new memoir, "Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing." Though he's spoken publicly about his addiction battle in the past, it seems he was in a much darker place for the star than many realized. At 49, he suffered a gastrointestinal perforation that rendered him comatose. "The doctors told my family that I had a 2 percent chance to live," Matthew tells People. "I was put on a thing called an ECMO machine, which does all the breathing for your heart and your lungs. And that's called a Hail Mary. No one survives that." He ended up in a coma for two weeks and was hospitalized for five months because of the incident, and spent nine months using a colostomy bag, he recalls. Reflecting on the evolution of his addiction, Matthew says it had started by the time he was cast on "Friends" at 24. "I could handle it, kind of. But by the time I was 34, I was really entrenched in a lot of trouble," he says. "But there were years that I was sober during that time. Season 9 was the year that I was sober the whole way through. And guess which season I got nominated for best actor?" At other times, Matthew was taking 55 Vicodin a day and weighed just 128 lbs. Today — after 15 trips to rehab and 14 stomach surgeries — Matthew says he's "healthy" and has "plenty of reminders" to stay sober. "My therapist said, 'The next time you think about taking Oxycontin, just think about having a colostomy bag for the rest of your life,'" he recalls. "And a little window opened and I crawled through it and I no longer want Oxycontin anymore." "Friends, Lovers and the Big Terrible Thing" hits shelves Nov. 1.
Megan Thee Stallion addresses Pardi Fontaine engagement rumors
Megan Thee Stallion and her boyfriend, music producer Pardison "Pardi" Fontaine, celebrated their two-year anniversary on Tuesday (Oct. 18) with an evening out in New York City and some adorable posts documenting their happy times together. According to TMZ, Pardi surprised Megan with a private, candlelit, rooftop dinner in NYC and a bunch of roses for their big date-night. She was also spotted wearing a pile of diamonds on her left ring finger, sparking engagement speculation. The couple's gushing posts about one another only fueled fan curiosity further. "Yr 2 with U 💙," Megan captioned a gallery of pics of the two snuggling up to one another on Twitter. Pardi shared a similar collection of cuteness, with a caption that read, "TWO YEARS AROUND THE SUN .. SEEM LIKE WE BEEN ON OUR OWN PLANET.. I love lovin you ..GOT 4 EVER 2 GO …" As it turns out, though, neither the diamond ring nor the super-sweet anniversary posts mean a wedding is on the horizon for Megan and Pardi. "Lol as nice as last night was we are not engaged," she wrote on Wednesday (Oct. 19). "Maybe next year!" According to TMZ, the ring was a gift from a stylist. Megan and Pardi met when they were working on Megan's "Savage" remix with Beyonce, according to ET.
Meghan Markle says Queen Elizabeth II's death has been 'a complicated time'
Duchess Meghan is breaking her silence Queen Elizabeth II's recent death at a time she admits to Variety has been "complicated" for the family she shares with her husband, Prince Harry. "There's been such an outpouring of love and support," said the "Archetypes" podcast host when asked about the world's collective mourning since the late monarch died on Sept. 8. "I'm really grateful that I was able to be with my husband to support him, especially during that time," Meghan continued. "What's so beautiful is to look at the legacy that his grandmother was able to leave on so many fronts. Certainly, in terms of female leadership, she is the most shining example of what that looks like." On a more personal level, Meghan said she feels a "deep gratitude to have been able to spend time with her and get to know her," concluding that, "It's been a complicated time, but my husband, ever the optimist, said, 'Now she's reunited with her husband [the late Prince Philip].'" Despite Meghan and Harry's decision to step down from their working royal roles and relocate to California, where they now live with their children, Archie, 3, and Lilibet, 1, Meghan said she feels "fortunate" to have connected with the queen since the "first official engagement" they had together. "And I continue to be proud to have had a nice warmth with the matriarch of the family," she added.
Simone Biles urges fans not to wear Jeffrey Dahmer costumes for Halloween
Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles joined a growing chorus of voices on Twitter this week urging followers not to dress up like Jeffrey Dahmer for Halloween. After Netflix aired its controversial special on the convicted serial killer and sex offender, stores began advertising Halloween costumes featuring wire-rimmed glasses, blonde wigs and late '80s-era shirts in the weeks leading up to the Oct. 31 holiday. "Im just gon go head and say it," Simone tweeted on Tuesday (Oct. 18). "Put the jeffrey dahmer costumes back in the closet. we ain't having it!!!!!!" Jeffrey Dahmer died behind bars in 1994 after being sentenced to 16 terms of life in prison without the possibility of parole.