By Isabella Torregiani
4:50pm PST, Feb 17, 2026
_
Brooklyn Beckham's father-in-law, billionaire investor Nelson Peltz, has finally weighed in on the family drama, advising his son-in-law to keep personal matters off social media — and dropping some jokes at his in-laws' expense.Keep reading for more on his take…
MORE: Follow Wonderwall on MSN for more top news
_
During a Q&A at the WSJ Invest Live event in West Palm Beach, Fla., Nicola Peltz's father responded to a question about his son-in-law, Brooklyn Beckham, opening up about family conflicts online.Nelson Peltz shared the advice he's given his loved ones for handling "such situations."
"My advice is to stay the h*** out of the press," he said.
He also joked about the drama between Brooklyn and his parents, David Beckham and Victoria Beckham, saying, "Has my family been in the press lately? I haven't noticed at all."
_
Nelson Peltz went on to praise daughter Nicola Peltz and her husband, Brooklyn Beckham, expressing his hope that they will "have a long, happy marriage together."Aside from that, the businessman — who has eight children including Nicola with wife Claudia Heffner Peltz — has remained silent on the long-standing Beckham family drama, which came to a head when Brooklyn claimed on Instagram that his parents tried to sabotage his marriage.
_
Brooklyn Beckham wrote on Instagram on January 19, "I have been silent for years and have made every attempt to keep these matters private. Unfortunately, my parents and their team have continued to go to the press, leaving me with no choice but to speak for myself and tell the truth about only some of the lies that have been printed."He claimed his wife, Nicola Peltz, "has been consistently disrespected by my family, no matter how hard we've tried to come together as one," and accused his mother, Victoria Beckham, of "repeatedly invit[ing] women from my past into our lives in ways that were clearly intended to make us both uncomfortable."
"I do not want to reconcile with my family. I'm not being controlled, I'm standing up for myself for the first time in my life," he added.
_
Before Brooklyn Beckham spoke out against his parents, media outlets had reported that not all hope was lost between the families — who allegedly have had a strained relationship since at least early 2025."The relationship is definitely not beyond repair," an insider told People in May 2025 of the Beckhams. "They love and are always there for [Brooklyn]. They're just hurt and disappointed that he's now playing no part in family life."
However, Brooklyn's social media rant told a different story, alleging that he and wife Nicola Peltz traveled to London for David Beckham's 50th birthday last year, only to be "rejected" by his parents.