Everything we know about Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's weekend wedding in Georgia
New details have surfaced about Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's second wedding, which the couple will reportedly host this weekend at Ben's $8 million estate on a tidal marsh outside Savannah, Georgia. The super-private, imitation plantation-style home is reportedly where Ben, 50, and Jen, 53, initially planned to say "I do" back in 2003, before they decided to split. After reuniting, the couple ended up getting hitched last month at the Little White Wedding Chapel in Las Vegas with zero fanfare. Their second celebration is shaping up to be a much bigger shindig, with celebrity life coach and "On Purpose" podcaster Jay Shetty officiating the ceremony, according to Page Six. Photos published by the Daily Mail on Thursday, Aug. 18, show a spring flooring has been put down for the party weekend, which will reportedly make use of multiple buildings on the property. In addition to the grand mansion, the estate, which sits on more than 86 acres and overlooks the North Newport River, features a 10,000 square-foot Oyster House, a cottage and a large farmhouse that was once a barn, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. On Thursday, the Mail reported tents were being set up on the grounds, along with trucks packed with food, furniture and ice machines. According to an "Extra" source, "Ben's new message to guests is, 'We're making our union truly official," with the three-day festivities.
Keep reading for more news …
RELATED: Lance Armstrong marries partner of 14 years, plus more celebrity weddings of 2022
Jonah Hill deletes his Instagram amid anxiety attack battle revelation
Jonah Hill has reportedly taken down his Instagram account ahead of the release of "Stutz," a new documentary about his mental health struggles and long battle with anxiety. Page Six reported the star's social media change on Wednesday, Aug. 18, just one day after Jonah announced he won't be promoting "Stutz" or any other projects in the near future in the interest of protecting himself as he works to improve his mental health. "The whole purpose of making this film is to give therapy and the tools I've learned in therapy to a wide audience for private use through an entertaining film," Jonah said in a statement published by Deadline on Tuesday. "Through this journey of self-discovery within the film, I have come to the understanding that I have spent nearly 20 years experiencing anxiety attacks, which are exacerbated by media appearances and public facing events," he explained, noting that he won't be making the usual promo rounds with "Stutz" or other work. "If I made myself sicker by going out there and promoting it, I wouldn't be acting true to myself or to the film," he said of the doc, which he also directed. In closing, Jonah, 38, admitted, "I usually cringe at … statements like this, but I understand that I am of the privileged few who can afford to take time off." He added that he hopes both his open letter and the new film will make it more normal for people to talk and act on this stuff. So they can take steps towards feeling better and so that the people in their lives might understand their issues more clearly." "Stutz" is slated to premiere "at the fall [film] festivals," according to Deadline.
RELATED: More stars who've been open about their mental health
Kanye West defends Yeezy Gap 'trash bag' displays: 'I won't apologize for my ideas'
Kanye West consented to a rare interview this week amid criticism of the large black construction bags being used to display his Yeezy Gap line. As one viral tweet shared by a Gap salesperson indicated, the bags are freestanding piles on the floor of the store. Ye previously shared on Instagram that the new designs were inspired by "the children" and "the homeless," according to the Los Angeles Times. Asked about the response to the bags — widely assumed to be of the trash variety — Kanye told Fox News' Eric Shawn he refuses to "apologize" for his approach. "I'm an innovator, and I'm not here to sit up and apologize about my ideas," he said in the interview, which aired on "Fox and Friends" on Thursday, Aug. 18. "That's exactly what the media tries to do. Make us apologize for any idea that doesn't fall under exactly the way they want us to think." The rapper and designer also took issue with critics who viewed the bags as an offensive reference to the people without housing who inspired the line. "I'm up here literally working on homeless shelters. There's documentation of it where the city came and tore down my creations while I was doing it. So no one can tell me I'm insensitive when that stuff that I think about every single day and actually have put my mind and innovation to," Kanye told Fox. "The whole point of why I came to The Gap was to make egalitarian clothing. I remember times being in the [Dominican Republic], going to a store and seeing clothes in bins and just seeing people be happy to have a moment of discovery, to think like children," he continued. "This is not a joke. This is not a game. This is not just some celebrity collaboration," Ye added. "This is my life." Per the Times, the new Yeezy Gap pieces range in price from a $40 keychain to a $340 parka.
Brad Pitt reacts to $20.5M settlement for Katrina victims in lawsuit over faulty homes
Brad Pitt is coming to the end of a long legal saga that began after homes his Make It Right Foundation built in New Orleans' Lower Ninth Ward after Hurricane Katrina turned out to be full of mold, structural damage and other issues. Brad, who was no longer working with the foundation when the problems began to arise, was nonetheless named in a class action suit filed by affected homeowners. He also reportedly helped broker the $20.5 million settlement that was reached in the suit on Tuesday, Aug. 16, according to The Guardian. The settlement is being funded by the environmental organization Global Green (which was not named in the suit) and will reimburse plaintiffs for repairs they've had to make on their would-be sustainable, flood-protected houses. "I am incredibly grateful for Global Green's willingness to step up and provide this important support for the Lower Ninth families," Brad said in a statement. "We collaborated in the early days post-Katrina and we are very fortunate to have Global Green's generous continuing commitment to help address the challenges around these homes and others in need." The settlement still needs to be signed off on by a judge, but is expected to be approved.
Luke Wilson shares an update on 'Legally Blonde 3'
At long last, we have a status update on "Legally Blonde 3," the (allegedly) forthcoming next addition to Reese Witherspoon's Elle Woods-Goes-To-Harvard Law franchise. Luke Wilson — who played Elle's tall, dark, handsome and lawyer-y love interest in the first two films — appeared on "Good Morning America" on Thursday, Aug. 18, where he revealed he and his co-stars recently reunited for a chat. He also took a stab at guessing why the project might be stalled two years after Mindy Kaling and Dan Goor signed on as screenwriters. "I think I know as much as you all, but we did have a Zoom call get-together last summer where the whole cast — Jennifer [Coolidge], Matthew [Davis], Selma [Blair] — all got together and talked, so it really was great to see everybody," Luke shared, per Entertainment Weekly. As for that delay? "Reese is such a sharp individual, I think she's probably just waiting for the script to be right and the time to be right," he said. "It'll be really fun to make another movie." Reese, meanwhile, sounded optimistic about the movie's future when she spoke to USA Today about it last month. "I'm still hoping that 'Legally Blonde 3' is gonna come together in the right way," she said at the time. "It's like 'Top Gun,'" she continued, referencing Tom Cruise's box office-dominating "Maverick" sequel. "They waited a long time to make another version of that movie, and I loved the nostalgia piece they incorporated in it. So definitely that gave us a lot of inspiration about what we would want to do with Elle Woods and make sure that we had all those same touchstones that mattered to people then," Reese explained. "I feel like these characters are my friends, so I safeguard them. I would never make the subpar, mediocre version of their story." With any luck, though, Reese won't give herself the same 36-year leeway Tom Cruise needed to get "Top Gun" Maverick" in theaters. If she does, we it could be another 15 years before 2001's "Legally Blonde" returns for a third installment.
Anne Heche's podcast co-host breaks her silence on Anne's death
Heather Duffy, the co-host of Anne Heche's "Better Together" podcast since 2020, broke her silence on the "Donnie Brasco" star's death this week with a moving tribute to Anne on Instagram. Explaining that she needed time "to process the profound loss of my beautiful friend with the kindest soul I've known," Heather praised her friend and colleague for her honesty and loving nature, and for taking a "stand for equality" when she went public with her relationship with Ellen DeGeneres in 1997. "We have come a long way because of her truth, bravery, and kindness in that moment 25 years ago when she chose to bring a woman as her date to the premiere of 'Volcano,'" Heather wrote. She also noted how "harshly" Anne was judged by some members of the press for dating Ellen. "She was way ahead of us, and we are all just catching up," Heather continued before addressing the late star directly: "Fly free, my friend. This world was never meant for one as beautiful as you." Anne's death on Sunday, Aug. 14, was ruled an accident by the Los Angeles County Department of the Medical Examiner-Coroner on Wednesday. According to CNN, the coroner reported her death was caused by smoke inhalation and thermal injuries sustained when she crashed her car into a house in Los Angeles on Aug. 5. The accident caused a severe brain injury and coma from which Anne never regained consciousness. She was 53.
Prince Harry travels to Africa to host conservationists, philanthropists on protected wildlife tour
Prince Harry returned to Africa this week as part of his work as president of the nonprofit conservation group, African Parks, People reported. The Duke of Sussex also turned up in a handful of photos on Twitter after apparently traveling through Vilankulo Airport in Mozambique. A rep tells the outlet Harry is in Africa while "welcoming and co-hosting a group of U.S. officials, conservationists and philanthropists as they tour protected wildlife and nature areas." Speaking to the United Nations about conservation and climate change in July, Harry recalled how he fell in love with the continent of Africa on his first visit there when he was 13. "It's where I've felt closest to my [late] mother, [Princess Diana], and sought solace after she died," he said at the time, "and where I knew I had found a soulmate in my wife." Duchess Meghan accompanied her husband to New York City for his U.N. speech, but she reportedly skipped the trip to Africa this week.