Angelina Jolie's only goal in removing the judge from her divorce case is to have 'a fair' judgment: Reports
Earlier this week, a source close to Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's ongoing divorce case accused Jolie of trying to stall the proceedings because "things weren't going" her way. Speaking to Page Six, the insider claimed Jolie's request to have the private judge overseeing their case disqualified was a "delay tactic" to put off a final judgment. But two new reports indicate that wasn't the case. A source tells Page Six Jolie has no interest in prolonging the divorce, which has already dragged on for almost four years. (Brad and Angelina became legally single when their marriage was bifurcated in April 2019; they're still trying to work out matters regarding finances and custody arrangements.) "Angelina isn't trying to delay this process," the insider says in a report published late Wednesday. "In fact, the court papers state that she wants to get this issue with the judge resolved so there are no further delays." The "issue" in question with private Judge John W. Ouderkirk is that he "failed to disclose the cases that demonstrated the current, ongoing, repeat-customer relationship between the judge and [Pitt's attorneys]," Lance Spiegel and Anne C. Kiley, according to Jolie's latest court filing. It seems the judge has worked on "numerous" cases with Spiegel and at least one with Kiley, including another high-profile private divorce case. Those "business relationships," Jolie's filing asserts, "were providing a steady stream of income to Judge Ouderkirk and the potential for future work," a situation that could make him partial to finding in favor of Pitt's requests. "Angelina's team was kept in the dark about matters that should have been disclosed," a source close to the actress and humanitarian tells Vanity Fair. "Any attempt to suggest otherwise is only to distract from behavior that violates the rules of ethics for judges." In a statement to the magazine, Jolie's attorney said her client is asking for nothing more than, "a fair trial based on facts, with no special favors extended to either side."
Keep reading to see why Kylie Jenner's being called out for her Balmain birthday dress post …
RELATED: Hollywood's longest divorces
Project Runway" alum Michael Costello called out Kylie Jenner for her questionable approach to crediting designers whose pieces she wears on social media. On Wednesday — one month after Kylie got dragged for failing to tag Jedidiah Duyile and Loudbrand Studios, the Black designer and small label behind a dress she was showing off on Instagram — the makeup guru posted a photo of herself in a Balmain dress. Tagging the brand's creative director, Olivier Rousteing, she thanked him for the bedazzled number, which was apparently a birthday dress. Enter Michael, who has dressed the likes of Beyonce, Michelle Obama and Cardi B, according to Cosmo. "Thank you Oliver for the perfect bday dress. And thank you to the no name designers who work tirelessly around the clock on custom looks who she won't tag , mention or @ . . . Unless it's paid," he wrote in the comments, his words dripping with sarcasm. "And thank you to the glam team who always gets tagged no matter what." Michael added that his comments were not personal and that he meant, "no shade to any of her team who styles her and no shame to the glam team." He continued: "But it's sad that designers work so so so so hard on these opportunities to dress these gorgeous popular women and they only tag the major high end designers like Oliver but forget about the other ones." Again, he noted his complaint "has nothing to do with" his own work. "… But it definitely has a lot to do with the la designers why not tag at least one?" he asked. "Not all the time but maybe once in a while." Michael clearly isn't alone in his opinion about Kylie's tagging habits, either. Less than one day after he posted his comment, it had garnered nearly 5,500 "likes" and hundreds of replies.
Octavia Spencer shares her support for Ellen DeGeneres
Octavia Spencer is on Team Ellen DeGeneres as Hollywood continues to take sides in a battle about the talk show host's alleged toxic work environment and bad behavior on-set. "Sending love and support to Ellen and all of the employees of her show. All of my interactions with everyone from the show including ELLEN were supportive and fun!," Octavia wrote on Instagram Thursday. "In that spirit I am praying all involved get the love and support they need. #beyekindonetoanother #AllVoicesNeedToBeHeard." The actress later went back to the post and amended it to say she has no intention of erasing the experiences of anyone who had a negative experience on "Ellen." "UPDATE: lively debate happening in the comments. I welcome that. I also believe that all of the voices of her employees need to be heard. Past and present," she added. "Speaking truth to power is the only way change happens. My truth is everyone was kind to me. From the PAs to the producers. So yeah! I want all of those people to feel valued and heard. And no, people are NOT always kind to talent!" Octavia's supportive — if edited — message comes as Katy Perry doubled down on her own positive post about Ellen. "I started that tweet off not undermining anyone else's experience," the singer told Los Angeles Times this week. "I wanted to only speak from my own experience. I have over 100 million people that follow me on Twitter, so not everyone is going to agree with me. And I'm not here to make everyone agree with me."
Kaia Gerber and Cara Delevingne have matching 'solemate' tattoos
Since Cara Delevingne's split from Ashley Benson this past spring, the model and her runway peer, Kaia Gerber, have spent lots of time together, often cuddling up to one another for photos. When Cara turned 28 on Wednesday, Kaia, 18, shared two new cozy pics of the pair that confirmed the nature of their relationship, via matching tattoos. Posting a shot of her own feet entwined with Cara's, Kaia wrote, "Happy Birthday to my solemate @caradelevingne," on her Instagram Story (via ET). The second pic showed the ladies both have the word, "solemate," inked along the inner arches of their feet.
Russell Crowe donates $5k to Beirut restaurant Anthony Bourdain loved on the late chef's behalf
Two summers after Anthony Bourdain took his own life in France, his spirit lives on in the restaurants around the world that he supported. That became clear this week after a tweet from journalist Richard Hall — who's helming a fundraiser to save Beirut eatery Le Chef after last week's deadly explosions– asked if the donor "called Russell Crowe" who'd just sent $5,000 was "the Russell Crowe." "The Russell Crowe" soon responded on Twitter. "On behalf of Anthony Bourdain," he wrote of the donation. "I thought that he would have probably done so if he was still around. I wish you and Le Chef the best and hope things can be put back together soon." Hall quotes the late celebrity chef in the '60s-era restaurant's GoFundMe blurb, writing, "Anthony Bourdain, who stopped by Le Chef on both of his visits to Beirut, described it as 'a legendary spot, famed for its simple, straightforward, home-style classics.'" Responding to Crowe, he thanked the star for his generosity and said he'd recently re-watched the 2006 "No Reservations" episode that featured Le Chef. Hall added that Charbel, the spot's "beloved frontman," would be "over the moon" about the large donation.
Naya Rivera's son, Josey, is 'doing better every day' following her death
One month after Naya Rivera's death was confirmed, her son, Josey, who was on a boating trip with the "Glee" star when she drowned, is "doing better every day," a source tells ET. Josey, 4, is now living with his father, Ryan Dorsey, and spending lots of time with his mom's sister, Nickayla, the source says. Ryan, meanwhile, is still "struggling" with his ex's death but has been laying low and staying out of the public eye so he can completely focus on Josey and try to figure out how to navigate this new normal." Ryan and other family members have reportedly been talking to Josey every day about his mom to ensure he has positive memories of her, the insider adds. "Josey is a very strong boy," says the insider, "and Naya would be very proud of him."
Cuba Gooding's lawyer wanted to argue accuser's body image issues distorted her understanding of alleged sexual assault
Cuba Gooding Jr. appeared in Manhattan Criminal Court Thursday for a pretrial conference in his sex abuse case — and his attorney was promptly shut down by the judge on a line of questioning the Assistant District Attorney called "simply offensive." According to the New York Daily News, Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Curtis Farber denied a motion from defense attorney Peter Toumbekis to argue that one of Gooding's accusers perception of his alleged sexual assault was distorted by her own negative feelings about her chest size. When Assistant District Attorney Jenna Long said such questions would only be used to "embarrass and offend the complainant," the judge agreed. "I don't see how you connect A to B," he told the defense. "I'm now giving you an order not to do it." Gooding, 52, faces up to a year in prison if he's convicted of the six misdemeanor counts of forcible touching and sexual abuse he's been charged with, the News reports. The case against Gooding involves three accusers, but prosecutors said 29 women have now come forward with sexual assault and groping allegations. The judge ruled only two of those women can testify, in addition to the three plaintiffs. Gooding has denied all of the allegations. The trial is scheduled to begin in September.
Louis C.K. easily brushes off hecklers during surprise 'Dave Chappelle & Friends' set
Louis C.K. might be getting used to hecklers. The comic — who admitted in 2017 that allegations of sexual misconduct made about him by five women were true — has been quietly popping up at comedy clubs like New York City's famous The Cellar with increasing frequency. He popped up again this month in Ohio at Dave Chappelle's series, "Dave Chappelle & Friends: An Intimate Socially Distanced Affair," where EW reports he was the "secret headliner" of the Aug. 5 show. According to the outlet's unnamed audience member source, Louis was met with "a mixed-to-positive reaction at the beginning," before someone shouted out a reference to the misconduct allegations. "He was not really on his game and he got some hecklers about halfway through," the source said. At that point, he was reportedly doing "silly, non-distinct" impressions when someone in the back of the house made a lewd joke suggesting Louis should impersonate the toilet involved in one of the allegations against him. He apparently handled it with aplomb. "People were like, 'Oh … That was brutal,'" the source continued. "And then he had a pretty good comeback, which was, 'I don't do my best material on these shows.'" The quip reportedly won some laughs, although he was performing with a notebook, seemingly working on new material. There was also an awkwardness in the room that EW's source found hard to reconcile. "Everybody was on pins and needles," they said. "Of all the people that could've been the secret headliner, it was way out of left field." Or not. Dave, the host of the night's routines, has been friends with Louis for many years and has stood up for him publicly multiple times since the scandal broke.
Britney Spears says she only went out partying 'once or twice' in the four years she lived in Las Vegas
Britney Spears raised eyebrows (again) this week with her answer to a question from fans about her partying experience during an online Q&A. "The first big question you guys asked me was what's the last huge party I went to," she said, rehashing the question (via Metro). "Believe it or not, I was in Vegas for four years and I went out one time. It was probably like three or four years ago. And it was a club called Axis and I danced with a friend." She later corrected that to allow that she may have actually gone out dancing "twice," but that was it. "Oops!" she joked. The singer lived in Sin City during her Piece of Me residency from 2013 until 2017.
Alec Baldwin wants charges brought against allegedly abusive wildlife sanctuary
Alec Baldwin is standing up for an abused bear on behalf of PETA. Page Six reports the "30 Rock" alum recently wrote to Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolfe asking him to pursue animal cruelty and neglect charges against Union County Sportsmen's Club and Wildlife Sanctuary, which allegedly abused Dillan, the Asiatic black bear Wolf helped free. In his letter, Baldwin thanked the governor for his efforts in getting the bear moved to The Wild Animal Sanctuary in Colorado in January, then detailed the neglectful and cruel way the bear was treated in Pennsylvania, urging Wolf to make an example of the Union County organization. As a result of neglect, Baldwin wrote, the bear required extensive dental surgery, including a root canal, the removal of 12 teeth and worse. The actor also cited the bear's "morbidly obese" 857 pound weight. "It's a miracle that he survived," Baldwin continued. "What the club failed to do in three years, the sanctuary did in less than three weeks. There is no excuse for the club's cruel mistreatment of Dillan, and it must be held accountable. I respectfully ask that you use your power to ensure that Dillan's longtime abusers are brought to justice." A staunch advocate for animal rights, Baldwin has worked with and supported PETA for decades.