Multiple sources confirm rumors Miranda Lambert and Anderson East are done
In February, a report from In Touch claimed Miranda Lambert and Anderson East had called time on their romance after having "grown apart" due to the distance their touring schedules put between them. The two never said anything publicly, but split rumors heated up as it became clear they'd stopped posting about one another on social media. Now, multiple sources have confirmed they've split to Us Weekly. "They have spent a lot of time apart, but potentially could end up back together. The love is still there," said one optimistic insider. Another signs Miranda had moved on from her boyfriend of two years came last month at a concert in Knoxville, Tennessee, where she introduced a sad song by saying she wants her fans to experience a range of "feelings" at her shows, including "heartbreak." "… Fortunately for me, I can use it for my art," she said. Anderson, who performed a song "about love and loss" on a radio show around the same time, once told InStyle: "It's always difficult to be a traveling musician and still keep things together. Understanding is definitely a huge factor." Miranda and Anderson started dating in 2015 after Miranda split from Blake Shelton.
Brooke Burke opens up about split from David Charvet
As Brooke Burke and David Charvet begin their divorce process, Brooke has started using her blog to come to terms with the split and what it means for her family. In a post titled "Brooke Burke on letting go," on Monday, April 9, she explained that while she's always tried to "have honest, real conversations with other women" through her blog, it's been hard for her to "find worthy words to speak to this life change my family is going through." After explaining that she and David did not go public immediately with their news in order to give their family time to deal with the split, she opened up about some of the conflicted emotions she's experiencing. "Although I believe this is a positive change, I am deeply saddened because I loved being married. It took me a long time to differentiate between giving up and letting go, and even longer to recognize when it was time to do so. We are still a family full of love, simply redefining our dynamics," she wrote, adding, "I believe this is a necessary decision for my entire family unit." She went on to assure readers the time had simply come for her and David to move on. "There was nothing sensational that caused this divorce and nothing scandalous will surface, please believe that we are just finding new ways to remain a loving family," Brooke wrote. "Big life decisions are hardest when made for the right reasons. It is sometimes painful to be strong and embrace change. I believe in letting go of ideas and dreams when the time is right. I am in that space right now as a woman and a mother, listening to my heart. I am approaching this with gratitude and unconditional love." Brooke is seeking joint legal and physical custody of the couple's two children, according to E! News. In the divorce filing, she said the split came about because of "irreconcilable differences." As of Monday, April 9, David had not publicly addressed the divorce.
RELATED: Celebrity splits of 2018
Duchess Kate and Prince William won't find out their baby's gender in advance
Prince William and Duchess Kate are keeping things old school and looking forward to a surprise when their next son or daughter arrives this spring. According to the Daily Mail, the royal couple opted not to be told whether they're having a boy or a girl. They went the same route in 2013 and 2015, when they welcomed Prince George and Princess Charlotte, both of whom were born at St. Mary Hospital's private Lindo Wing in London — where they'll return when Kate goes into labor with her third child, most likely in the next three weeks. In the meantime, a slew of bets about the baby's gender and name are being placed in the U.K., with most gamblers putting money on odds the royal baby-to-be will be a girl — and that her mom and dad will call her Mary.
Mariah Carey is forced to stay in a hostel in hilarious new ad
"Hostel?" So says an incredulous-looking Mariah Carey upon learning her assistants have not booked her into the "beautifully appointed private room in a hotel" she expected in a giggle-inducing new ad for Hostelworld. "Yes, hostel, like it says on the wall," one of the employees tells her as her entourage watches the exchange, a hilarious mix of fear and horror on their faces. Mimi, who calls a $35,000-a-month mansion "home," then snaps her fingers and tells her team to "deal with it" before getting on an elevator only to find a guy, presumably another guest, brushing his teeth, half naked. Finally, they find that her private room — which the hostel employee assures Mariah and her staff has a king-sized bed, private bathroom, WiFi and other amenities — is actually pretty nice. "There's also a bar," the employee tells Mariah. The ad ends with Mariah walking into said bar in a white glittery gown. Suddenly, the music changes, her hit "Fantasy" comes on and she ascends to a stage where she belts out the beginning of the song as her minions hold fans up to keep her hair blowing just so and release a white dove above her. On the screen, in gold glitter cursive, we're told, "Even divas are believers."
Catherine Zeta-Jones and her daughter, Carys were twinning at Dolce & Gabbana show
The apple doesn't fall far from the proverbial tree for Catherine Zeta-Jones and her 14-year-old daughter, Carys Zeta Douglas. The lookalike pair stepped out together for a fashion-forward night on the town on Sunday, April 8, at the Met in New York City. The occasion was Dolce & Gabbana's Spring 2018 Alta Moda Womenwear Collection show, one of multiple events the designers put together this week in celebration of the couture line. Catherine and Carys, along with Diane Kruger, Dakota Fanning and Jamie Foxx, sat in the front row to take in what PopSugar dubbed "the most opulent runway show we've ever seen," featuring runway appearances from Ashley Graham, Karlie Kloss and Karen Elson. The presentation reportedly closed out with Naomi Campbell strutting her stuff in a "Times Square printed ball skirt," followed by a fireworks show and dinner for guests on the stage of the Met.
Tina Fey's 'dreams come true' as 'Mean Girls' opens on Broadway
Decked out in a white Gabriel Hearts suit-dress and jewelry by David Webb, Tina Fey celebrated the opening of her "Mean Girls" musical at the August Wilson Theater on Broadway on Sunday, April 8. Among those on hand to support the comedy writer were her husband, Jeff Richmond, who wrote the music for the show, plus friends including Alec Baldwin, Tituss Burgess, Glenn Close, Jimmy Fallon, Ellie Kemper, Jane Krakowski, Kate McKinnon, Lorne Michaels, Busy Philipps, Diane Sawyer, Jerry Seinfeld and Emma Thompson, according to E! News. The musical is already being praised by outlets ranging from The Washington Post, which hailed Tina's script as being "tailor-made for any adult ear that grooves on mischievous wit," to Entertainment Weekly, which said the show was "frequently hilarious." In a recent "CBS Sunday Morning" segment, Tina said she'd told her eldest daughter over the weekend that whenever she traveled from her home outside Philadelphia to New York City to see a show when she was growing up, she felt "a burning desire" to see her name listed on a Playbill someday. "Look at this!" she joked, holding up a Playbill for "Mean Girls." "It's all happening. Dreams do come true!"
Trey Songz won't be charges with criminal felony in domestic violence case
The Los Angeles District Attorney's office will not slap Trey Songz with a felony criminal charge for allegedly beating up a woman at a party during the 2017 NBA All-Star Weekend. According to TMZ, the D.A. found witness statements presented by the singer's lawyer contradicted Andrea Buera's claim that Trey's alleged beating left her with a concussion after he saw her talking to another man. He could still face a charge such as misdemeanor domestic violence after the L.A. City Attorney takes a look at the facts and makes a decision. In a previous statement about the accusations, Trey said he was "being lied on and falsely accused for someone's personal gain."
Paris Jackson gushes about presenting 'special friend' Jeremy Scott with 'monumental award'
Moschino founder Jeremy Scott was the guest of honor over the weekend at The Daily Front Row's 2018 Fashion Los Angeles Awards — and he got plenty of love from folks including music royalty off spring Paris Jackson and Frances Bean Cobain. After sharing a few photos and a smooch on the cheek with the designer, Paris presented him with his Creative of the Year Award, according to HollywoodLife. "Tonight i got to meet up with some incredible friends, make some new incredible friends, and present a very special and monumental award to a special friend/artist that will go down in fashion history ♥️," she wrote on Instagram on Sunday, April 8. "Needless to say," she added, "i'm grateful as f— happy sunday guys."
Blac Chyna will fight to keep Rob Kardashian from changing custody arrangement
Rob Kardashian could be in for a fight if he takes Blac Chyna back to court to change their custody arrangement for their daughter, Dream, on the heels of her Six Flags stroller attack. Speaking to TMZ, insiders have said Chyna maintains she did nothing wrong and only trying to protect Dream, as well as her song King Cairo, when she fought with a woman she says tried to touch her daughter at the amusement park on Easter Sunday. She also reportedly has no intention of allowing Rob to set up more rules for her parenting, as he was rumored to be planning . Rob reportedly wants to ensure Chyna can no longer bring men like her 18-year-old boyfriend into the house when Dream is there.
Tom Arnold thinks Roseanne Barr and ABC should apologize for alt-right statements
Tom Arnold can't seem to wrap his brain around some of the right-wing comments his ex, Roseanne Barr, has been making while promoting the reboot of her eponymous show. When TMZ caught up with him over the weekend and asked what he thought about her pro-Donald Trump and apparently anti-March for Our Lives declarations and posts, he could barely get any words out of his mouth at first. Eventually, he said he has no issue with the show's comeback but the fact that there's been no recourse for some of her statements is crazy. "I watched it … the show is one thing and the person …," he said, trailing off. "It's insane. She needs to apologize. ABC needs to apologize.. Anybody else would have been fired." He added that he's concerned she has a platform where "millions of people are listening to her" accuse Hilary Clinton of being a murderer, among other things.