Chrissy Teigen praises 'kind' Duchess Meghan for reaching out to her after her pregnancy loss
Duchess Meghan has a loyal friend and supporter in Chrissy Teigen. During an appearance on "Watch What Happens Live" this week, Chrissy revealed Meghan contacted her after the model and cookbook author's devastating pregnancy loss in September when she was 20 weeks along. (In November, Meghan wrote an op-ed for the New York Times about her own miscarriage last summer.) "Yeah, she's been so kind to me ever since we connected," Chrissy told a fan, per People. "She had written me about baby Jack …. but yeah she is really wonderful and so kind — just as kind as everyone says she is. That's why you look at everything and you're like, 'My god, what is absolutely wrong with people that they have to make this person out to be so malicious or so crazy?' When it's just as simple as them being as kind as everyone says they are." In Meghan and Prince Harry's televised sit-down with Oprah Winfrey earlier this year, the couple spoke candidly about the effects of the British tabloid press' negative and often racist coverage of Meghan. On "WWHL," Chrissy said she spoke to Meghan again after the interview aired. Asked if the Duchess of Sussex revealed any new details during their talk, Chrissy said "no." She added, "I think she's been very honest [and] open. I think her truth has been her truth since the very beginning."
Katie Holmes' romance with Emilio Vitolo is reportedly cooling off
Is this the beginning of the end for Katie Holmes and Emilio Vitolo, Jr.? Since they were first spotted together in September, Katie and the New York City-based restauranteur have stuck by one another's side almost religiously while out and about in the Big Apple. That's started to change in recent weeks, though. Now, insiders tell Page Six that between shooting a movie outside of New York City and raising her 15-year-old daughter, Suri Cruise, Katie, 42, may be more focused on work and parenthood than her romance. "Katie has a lot of big priorities in her life — she's a single mom, her daughter always comes first and things were moving very fast," one source told the outlet this week. Said another: "Katie has a lot going on and Emilio is busy working at his restaurant with his dad." The two were still serious over the holidays — they even went Instagram official on the actress' birthday in December, when Emilio, 33, gushed that the birthday girl was, "The most amazing, kindest, beautiful person," and telling her, "Every time I see your face it makes me smile. Happy Birthday!!! I love you!!" A rep for Katie was "unavailable for comment" when contacted by Page Six.
Marriage rumors hit Lil Wayne, Denise Bidot
Nothing says love like a well-placed OutKast quote. Lil Wayne has sparked rumors he and on-off girlfriend Denise Bidot have finally tied the knot. Though the couple reportedly split last fall over Weezy's public support of Donald Trump (and reportedly got back together soon thereafter), he hopped on Twitter on April 20 and wrote, "Happiest man alive! Today is the beginning of our forever." Then, because OutKast's 21-year-old hit "Ms. Jackson" apparently never goes out of style, Weezy added a playful, "Forever?? Forever, ever?? FOREVER EVER!!!!!" The rapper, whose real name is Dwayne Carter Jr., signed the post "The Carters." Speaking to Page Six, a rep Lil Wayne said on April 21, "We have no confirmation of that as of yet."
"E.R." fans likely remember the sizzling chemistry between Dr. Doug Ross, aka George Clooney, and Juliana Murgulies' Nurse Carol Hathaway. Turns out it was real — kinda. "That can't happen if you don't have a crush on each other," Juliana tells People in a new interview. "And with George and me, it was so organic. I was just supposed to be a guest star, number 39 on the call sheet. But he treated everyone the same." The onscreen couple, along with their "E.R." co-stars, are set to reunite this week to reflect on the long-running show, via the "Stars in the House" series. But thanks to her forthcoming memoir, "Sunshine Girl: An Unexpected Life," Juliana's recently spent time reflecting on her relationship with the Oscar winner, who off-camera was more of a "mentor" than a significant other. "I followed and watched how he conducted himself on the set. When you create an environment that people feel safe in, then you do your best work. And George taught me that," she says. "I felt so safe with him. I mean, I never thought, 'Well, why would I be in the bathtub and he's coming in?' I was like, 'OK, I'll be in the bathtub. Yeah, great.'" So did she send her former mentor a copy of the book ahead of its May 4 release? "In fact, I was literally just was emailing with George," she admits. "… I said, 'I've written this book and you're in it, and it's not a tell-all, it's just that I have to give credit where credit is due and you should have it." Juliana also keeps the rest of her former castmates close to her heart. "They'll be my other family for the rest of my life for sure," she says. The "E.R." reunion streams April 22 on People's social media channels.
Prince Harry has returned to California after U.K. visit for Prince Philip's funeral
Despite speculation Prince Harry might extend his visit to the U.K. beyond Prince Philip's funeral last weekend and stay for Queen Elizabeth's 95th birthday on April 21, the Duke of Sussex has returned home to Duchess Meghan and their son, Archie, in Montecito, California. "This trip was to honor the life of his grandfather and support his grandmother and relatives," a source close to Harry tells Bazaar.com. "It was very much a family-focused period of time. [The funeral on] Saturday broke the ice for future conversations but outstanding issues have not been addressed at any great length. The family simply put their issues to one side to focus on what mattered." The insider also debunked The Sun's claim Harry wrote a letter to his father, Prince Charles, before his visit. As for Harry's rumored inability to spend one-on-one time with his dad on his first trip to Windsor since he and Duchess Meghan stepped back from their royal duties, Bazaar reports Charles retreated to his estate in Wales — nearly 200 miles away — the day after Philip's funeral. Though he missed her actual birthday, Harry reportedly visited with the queen privately "at least" two times during his stay. According to People, Meghan, whose doctor advised her not to fly at this point in her pregnancy, spoke to the queen before the funeral, as did Archie.
Sheila E remembers Prince and Paisley Park opens its doors on the fifth anniversary of his death
It's hard to believe it's been five years since Prince died, but fans, famous and otherwise, spent much of April 21 keeping the music icon's memory alive. In honor of the anniversary, Paisley Park, the Minneapolis-area studio and estate where Prince lived and worked — and where his ashes now lie — opened its doors to 1400 fans. A flood of loving memories and messages surfaced on social media this week, as well. "5 yrs ago today u ascended to heaven," Prince's longtime drummer and collaborator, Sheila E., shared on Twitter. "Even though you left us your legacy, ur music, it is still hard to believe u are not here. I want to call or text u but I know u won't answer." She continued, "There has never been and will never be another one like Prince. We miss u and remember u always." In a separate post, she shared her gratitude for Prince's vast contributions to modern music, telling him, "Ur journey was like no other. Ur music reached not just Minneapolis but the world in which it became ur home. Thank u 🙏🏽."
Pete Davidson telling friends 'he's serious about' Phoebe Dynevor: Report
In case the matching "PD" initial necklaces Pete Davidson and Phoebe Dynevor have taken to wearing didn't make it clear, the "Saturday Night Live" and "Bridgerton" stars are officially an item. That's what Pete's reportedly shared with pals, anyway. According to a People the source, the two are "really into each other" after they were first spotted together in the U.K. in March. "Pete is telling friends he's serious about her," says the People insider. He seems to be telling strangers, too, albeit in less certain terms. Asked to name his "celebrity crush" during a Zoom Q&A with students from Marquette University this month, Pete replied, "I'm with my celebrity crush. That's all I can say."
Angelina Jolie says a 'change' in her 'family situation' pushed her back into acting
After spending years focused on directing, Angelina Jolie returns to the big screen in action hero mode next month with "Those Who Wish Me Dead." Based on the book by Michael Koryta, the film stars Angelina as as an elite firefighter trained to parachute into fires in the wilderness. As she recently explained to Entertainment Weekly, the role — which she says she took after a "family situation" forced her direct less — required stunt work that put the 45-year-old Oscar winner back in familiar territory, a la "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider," "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" and "Salt." What wasn't so familiar to the mother six? "My character is not maternal by nature," says Angelina, who shares her children with ex-husband, Brad Pitt. "Sometimes [director Taylor Sheridan] would correct me because my behavior towards a child was different from [Hannah's] behavior towards a child. It took me a little bit to treat [14-year-old actor Australian Little] badly, but I got there!" Angelina's last directorial feature was 2017's war drama, "First They Killed My Father," set in her eldest son Maddox's native Cambodia. Brad, whom she was still married to at the time, was her co-star in 2015's "By the Sea," which she also wrote and directed. Angelina filed for divorce in 2016 and she and Brad are still trying to work out a custody agreement. "I love directing, but I had a change in my family situation that's not made it possible for me to direct for a few years," she explained to EW. "I needed to just do shorter jobs and be home more, so I kind of went back to doing a few acting jobs. That's really the truth of it." After the May 14 release of "Those Who Wish Me Dead" (in theaters and on HBO Max), Angelina leads the cast of Chloe Zhao's action/adventure drama, "The Eternals," due out Nov. 5.
Blac Chyna is 'thrilled' with the latest update in her lawsuit against the Kardashian-Jenner family
There's more good news for Blac Chyna in her ongoing lawsuit against the Kardashian-Jenner family. Chyna, who shares daughter Dream with ex, Rob Kardashian, is suing his family for defamation and economic interference stemming from the cancelation of the planned second season of the reality show, "Rob & Chyna." According to Page Six, the trial was recently bumped up to Oct. 18 from its original start date of Nov. 29. Chyna is "thrilled" about the change, her lawyer told the outlet this week. Among her many claims against the famous family is her assertion that Kris Jenner falsely accused Chyna of assaulting Rob, then used the assault allegation against Chyna to have the network cancel the series. The Kardashians' lawyer has denied this (and other claims of Chyna's), telling the court the show was canceled simply because Chyna and Rob broke up. The update comes after three appellate judges agreed with the trial judge's decision that Chyna had presented "substantial evidence" to support the defamation and economic interference claims she made against Kris, Kim Kardashian West, Khloe Kardashian and Kylie Jenner. Page Six notes that both Chyna and the Kardashian-Jenner family are "open to mediation" before Oct. 18.