Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez tour Citi Field
Buzz around Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's would-be deal to buy the New York Mets just grew a little louder. The singer and former Yankees star were spotted on a "VIP tour" of the MLB team's Citi Field in the Big Apple on Wednesday. TMZ notes J.Lo and A-Rod had some business associate types in tow as they checked out the home turf of what could be their next major financial venture. The couple have been mulling an ownership bid for months, but seemed to have pulled the plug on the idea after TMZ reported they low-balled the current owners, the Wilpon family. They now have a new group of investors on their side, TMZ notes, including BodyArmor and Vitaminwater founder Mike Repole. Last month, Page Six quoted a handful of sports sources who said the MLB "needs" Jennifer for her massive "social media following," adding that it would be a plus to have "Latino owners in a field of white men" at the ownership level. ESPN, meanwhile, has cited the Wilpons' interest in selling to J.Lo and A-Rod if they can boost their offer closer to the $2.5 billion the family is said to be hoping for.
Keep reading to see what the stars are saying about aid for Beirut and more …
RELATED: Stars who got engaged in 2020
Halsey, more stars look to help Beirut after deadly blast
Hollywood joined the chorus of voices expressing concern and looking for ways to help after a massive explosion in Beirut on Tuesday killed at least 135 people and injured thousands more. While Ariana Grande and other stars directed fans to the Lebanese Red Cross and Impact Lebanon, Halsey asked for more detailed information. "My heart is aching looking at these photos in Beirut," she tweeted. "I have read from a lot of people that petitions aren't effective and donations can result in a dramatic exchange decrease. Can someone share with me direct information about how we can help most effectively and immediately?" Multiple followers suggested the singer visit the Help Lebanon landing page, which features vetted links to an array of reputable organizations working to provide a variety forms of relief. As Jameela Jamil pointed out, the disaster — believed to have been an accident caused by explosive material stored in a port warehouse — comes at the worst of times. "A pandemic, political unrest and now 300,000 people left homeless due to the blast," she wrote. "Beirut needs global support."
RELATED: Stars who donated to COVID-19 relief
Jason Momoa's hot pursuit of the World's Best Spouse award continues! On Tuesday, the "Aquaman" star shared a short film on YouTube showcasing a surprise he put together for his wife, Lisa Bonet. The film opens with vintage-vibe footage of a light blue, 1965 convertible Mustang. After some poetic preamble about how a car can be your "first love," Jason says in a voiceover, "I know we can't relive a memory, but maybe we can rebuild one." He then takes viewers into the shop of restoration expert Misha Munoz with Divine 1 Customs in Las Vegas. "The story is this is her first car that she ever bought," he tells the restoration team as the camera pans to the off-white, rust-covered Mustang Lisa apparently got at age 17. "You guys looked it up and it has a lot of custom parts to it," he adds. A montage then shows the crew working to restore every part of the classic car. When it's done, Jason hugs the hood of the shiny, now jet black convertible. Shaking his head, he marvels, "To be in this passenger seat with my wife here and surprise her and our babies in the back … riding in her first car … [from] when she was 17?! I'm excited to see her face. It's come a long way, a long way." Finally, he has Lisa come see the finished product — with her eyes closed at first. "Holy cow! That is gorgeous," she exclaims when she opens her peepers. "Oh my gosh, it is so beautiful!" she gushes. The film ends as Lisa and Jason, along with their "babies," Lola, 13, and Nakoa-Wolf, 11, jump in the car and take it out for a family spin.
RELATED: Things you don't know about Jason Momoa — but should
Katy Perry gets real about her battle with depression
Katy Perry's new album, "Smile," is in part the product of what she describes in People's new cover story as "a mental and spiritual journey." So is her current ability to handle the release date of "Smile" being pushed back (to Aug. 28, as of now), the postponement of the wedding she and Orlando Bloom were planning and the experience of being pregnant during a pandemic without sinking into a deep depression. "Every day your options change, and you don't know what's what. Especially being pregnant in a pandemic, it's an emotional roller coaster," says Katy, 35. Having dealt with what felt like her "darkest" years through therapy, medication and plenty of social support — including from her "great partner," Orlando — Katy says she's less "flinchable" than she otherwise might be. "I'm not untouchable or invincible, but it's a little bit more like water off a duck's back," the "American Idol" judge explains. Looking back to 2017, when "Witness" was deemed less successful than her previous albums and her relationship with Orlando had paused, she recalled how her low points were like a "nightmare," where, "you feel like you're being attacked, and you can't wake up." Now, she can see how the change from "being on a rocket ship and just going straight up," career-wise, to having a "small change in the trajectory … felt seismic." Katy continues: "It's been two-and-a-half years of trying to find my footing. It's so easy for me to work, work, work and avoid, but I had to go on a mental and spiritual journey." During that time, she says she learned healthy ways of coping with life. "It got me out of this desperate loop of being the best pop star ever. I just really want to be a human being …," Katy adds. Now, she feels like she can do just that. "I get to live life, and I get to bring life into the world," she says. "Finding the gratitude in this pain has been a real journey, but the outcome is worth it."
Tony Danza, Alyssa Milano developing 'Who's the Boss?' sequel
If the pandemic-fueled Zoom reunions have taught us anything about TV fandom, it's that nostalgia abounds when it comes to classic hit shows. Now, it looks like Alyssa Milano and Tony Danza are taking that nostalgia one step futher. On Tuesday, the former "Who's the Boss?" costars confirmed they're in the early stages of developing a sequel to the series, according to EW. "We feel the time is right to tell the story of where these amazing characters are today," Alyssa tweeted. "Can't wait to share their stories with you. So happy," she added. Tony, who previously said he wouldn't be up for rebooting the ABC series, chimed in with, "Here we go!" "Who's the Boss?" aired from 1984 until 1992, with Tony playing a retired baseball player and single father of a teenage daughter, Samantha, played by Alyssa. Tony takes a job as a housekeeper for high-powered ad exec Angela Bowers (Judith Light), who lives with her son, Jonathan (Danny Pintauro), and her mom, Mona (the late Katherine Helmond). Judith and Danny will reportedly not be in the sequel, but the new show has one more boost of star power — Norman Lear. The 98-year-old TV legend will reportedly executive produce the new series alongside Tony, Alyssa and Brent Miller, EW reports.
Kelis, husband Mike Mora, expecting baby No. 3
Congratulations are in order for Kelis and her husband, Mike Mora. On Wednesday, the singer shared a photo of herself holding a positive pregnancy test on Instagram. "Chef Kelis – table for 5 please," she captioned the shot. "We're adding one more! 🤰🏾🖤" The mother of three shares a 4-year-old son, Shepherd, with Mike, and an 11-year-old son, Knight, with her ex-husband, Nas. She explained that she'd partnered with First Response for the post because of the company's commitment to "equitable pregnancy journeys." Kelis, 40, also used the opportunity to share some thoughts with other Black mothers. "There are so many things to consider during this time in your life, especially during the crazy times that we live in — from what we eat, to how we live and love. This is the time we must take for ourselves without apologies, especially when we still live in a country where Black women historically have had the highest maternal mortality rates," she wrote. "Black mamas have the rights, respect, resources to thrive before, during, and after pregnancy. Together we can change these statistics, one woman at a time."
Diddy's son, King Combs, injured by an allegedly drunk driver: Report
Diddy's son, Christian "King" Combs, 22, was injured by an allegedly drunk driver in Beverly Hills early Wednesday morning, according to TMZ. The website reports King, a rapper who's recorded with Pop Smoke and others, was driving a red Ferrari when a Tesla smashed into him while speeding on Sunset Boulevard. The car appeared to be totaled in a video published by TMZ after the accident. King was reportedly treated for minor injuries at the scene. The other driver was spotted in handcuffs after visibly stumbling during a field sobriety test. He was later booked on suspicion of DUI, TMZ reported.
Kourtney Kardashian is 'not OK' after son, Reign's haircut
For the past few years, Kourtney Kardashian has defended her son Reign Disick's long flowing locks against trolls who don't think boys should wear their hair past their shoulders. Welp, the trolls should be happy to know the 5-year-old is now rocking a shaved head. Kourtney, on the other hand, seems far from pleased. "I am not ok," she captioned a photo of her youngest, touching his new buzz cut. Her family and friends were all for it though. "He looks sooooo handsome," gushed Kim Kardashian West in the comments. Hailey Bieber, Addison Rae, Kadijah Haqq and others agreed, assuring Kourtney Reign's new 'do was just fine.
Neil Young sues Donald Trump's campaign for copyright infringement
Neil Young's done asking nicely. After complaining multiple times about Donald Trump's use of the rock legend's music at his political events without permission, Young has filed suit against the Trump campaign, CNN reports. "This complaint is not intended to disrespect the rights and opinions of American citizens, who are free to support the candidate of their choosing," Young's lawyers said in documents filed in the copyright infringement suit Tuesday. "However, Plaintiff in good conscience cannot allow his music to be used as a 'theme song' for a divisive, un-American campaign of ignorance and hate." The complaint went on to cite instances when the campaign played "Rockin' in the Free World" and "Devil's Sidewalk" at rallies without permission. One of those instances was Trump's roundly criticized June 20 rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma, which local officials, among others, urged the president not to stage, given its potential to become a COVID-19 super-spreader event. This month, Young tweeted his opposition to the president's use of "Rockin' in the Free World" at a rally at Mount Rushmore. "I stand in solidarity with the Lakota Sioux & this is NOT ok with me," he tweeted at the time. Young is reportedly seeking up to $150,000 "per each copyright infringement and asking that the campaign not… play his songs ever again," according to CNN.
Paris Jackson and Gabriel Glenn split after two-plus years of dating
So much for those marriage rumors. After more than two years of dating musician Gabriel Glenn, Paris Jackson is reportedly single again. According to TMZ's sources, the split was amicable and the "relationship just ran its course." It's unclear what that meansfor their musical project, The Soundflowers, which the pair documented on their Facebook Watch series, "Unfiltered." (Perhaps not coincidentally, news of their split surfaced within 24 hours of the show's final episode.) Looking ahead, Paris reportedly plans to keep working on music.