Courteney Cox says she's 'not opposed' to remarrying despite calling off Johnny McDaid engagement
The idea of remarrying isn't off the table for Courteney Cox, who reunited with her on-again love Johnny McDaid in 2016, four months after the couple called off their engagement. Asked if she "sees herself getting married again," Courteney tells People, "I don't know. I'm definitely not opposed to it. I just don't think about it." The "Friends" alum, 57, opens up about her romance with the Snow Patrol frontman, 45, in the outlet's Jan. 26 cover story, sharing some of the insights she's gained about love through the years. "I've learned you can't take a lot personally," she says. "I used to think, 'Oh well, if you loved me…' It's not really about you. People do things because of their own history and their own past. I had to learn that lesson for sure." Courteney and Johnny have clearly learned a few lessons about love as a couple since they started dating in 2013, too. Since they reunited in 2015 after their months-long break — "we were engaged to be married, but now we're just together," Courteney later told Ellen DeGeneres — Courteney's kept her homebase in Los Angeles and Johnny's maintained his home in London. "Everything's better," she told Ellen in the same interview, explaining that the separation period "showed us a lot." Gushing to People that Johnny's "a great listener," "patient" and "a great advice-giver," Courteney says of her guy: "I love his heart, his intentions. His morals. He's extremely talented and obviously musical, but he's a poet and a writer. He's just so smart, and I find that really sexy. And then he is gorgeous." Always a plus. Courteney stars in and produces the upcoming dark comedy series, "Shining Vale," which hits Starz on March 6.
Keep reading to find out what Brian Austin Green thinks of Megan Fox's engagement …
Megan Fox and ex Brian Austin Green have 'no bad blood': 'He's happy for her' amid Machine Gun Kelly engagement
It hasn't been all smooth sailing for Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green since their divorce, but Brian is "happy for" Megan in the wake of her engagement to Machine Gun Kelly, a source tells E! News. "He doesn't have any lingering romantic feelings for Megan or any anger," the insider explains. "Brian is happy for her, but it really isn't affecting him one way or the other. There's no bad blood or ill will between them at this point." Megan and Brian tied the knot in 2010, and share three boys, Noah, 9, Bodhi, 7, and Journey, 5. They initially called it quits in 2015, then briefly got back together the following year before separating in 2020. In the fall of that year, some of the remaining tensions between them surfaced in social media posts and comments regarding their kids, but it sounds as if those problems have since been resolved. "[Brian] mainly feels indifferent towards [Megan's engagement] and is just glad they are co-parenting well together," E!'s source adds. Megan and Machine Gun Kelly started dating after they worked together on the film "Midnight in the Switchgrass." They announced their engagement earlier this month. "Megan really centers MGK and grounds him," the insider explains. "MGK's life can be chaotic and all over the place, but Megan brings out a his calmer side. … They're both very happy together and can't wait to start their lives together and get married."
RELATED: Celebrity breakups of 2022
Madonna pitches a joint tour with Britney Spears
Britney Spears has an open invite to tour with Madonna — and maybe even share another onstage kiss. During an Instagram Live Q&A on Jan. 25, a fan asked Madge if she had plans to hit the road again. "H*** yeah! Stadium, baby! Me and Britney, what about that?" said the singer, according to Page Six. She added that she was "not sure" if Brit would "be into" touring, but said a joint tour "would be really cool" and "we could reenact the original [kiss]." Madonna, 63, and Britney, 40, famously locked lips during their performance at the 2003 MTV Video Music Awards. They've recorded and performed together a handful of times since and have reportedly remained friends. Right now, Britney seems focused on enjoying her freedom — which she got back in November with the termination of her conservatorship — and her engagement to Sam Asghari, which she announced in September.
RELATED: Madonna's life in pictures
Travis Scott fans launch petition to rebook him at Coachella, say Astroworld tragedy wasn't his fault
The tragedy that struck Travis Scott's Astroworld Festival, where a crowd stampede during his set left 10 people dead and hundreds more injured, was not the rapper's fault, his fans argue in a new petition to get Travis reinstated at Coachella. "Book Travis for 2023 or have Ye bring him out," the Change.org petition begins, using Kanye West's newly shortened legal name. "Coachella switched Travis and Frank for Harry Styles and Billie Eilish? What kind of message does that send? Fans are demanding refunds and selling their tickets." As of Jan. 26, three days after the plea started making rounds online, it had nearly 70,000 signatures. According to TMZ, that's about 7,000 more signees than a dueling petition urging the festival to "ban Travis" has. "We all know Astroworld tragedy wasn't Travis's fault," the Change.org doc adds. "Let him get back to performing on the biggest stages!" The outlet previously notes Travis "voluntarily" removed himself from the Coachella lineup and other festivals.
Kevin Spacey wants $31M 'House of Cards' ruling tossed
Former "House of Cards" star Kevin Spacey is pushing back against a November arbitration ruling that mandated he pay the show's producer, MRC almost $31 million to cover lost profits due to his alleged sexual misconduct. According to The Hollywood Reporter, lawyers for the actor — whose career suffered extensive damage in the wake of multiple sexual assault and misconduct allegations — have asked the court to deny the massive payout on grounds he "never sexually harassed anyone" on the set, despite a claim from a production assistant that Kevin "groped" them. "The award is permeated with factual and legal errors — most fundamentally, its finding that MRC proved by a preponderance of the evidence that Spacey sexually harassed five former ['House of Cards'] crewmembers. The truth is that while Spacey participated in a pervasive on-set culture that was filled with sexual innuendoes, jokes and innocent horseplay, he never sexually harassed anyone," the filing reads. "The few times [Kevin] was told that his conduct made someone feel uncomfortable or was in any way unwanted, he stopped," the star's lawyers added.
Aziz Ansari takes on Aaron Rodgers' anti-vax stance in new Netflix special
In his new Netflix special, "Aziz Ansari: Nightclub Comedian," the comic tackles the controversy over Aaron Rodgers' skepticism about COVID-19 vaccines. The Green Bay Packers quarterback came under fire last fall for having said he'd been "immunized" against the virus before he caught it himself. He later admitted he had not been vaccinated, then said he was a "victim" of bullying by a "woke mob" of critics. Aziz teased Aaron some, but he also suggested that without "empathy" for people who view the world differently, no one will make progress on the problems we all face. "People hate [Aaron]," Aziz says at one point in the special, according to the Daily Mail. "It's like, alright, calm down! He's a football player, he read some articles, he got skeptical, he did some research. Are you stunned that he came to the wrong conclusion? Did you really think he was gonna crack the case?" Aziz went on to allow that Aaron had been "misleading" in his statements about immunization and that he sounds "pretty arrogant" in interviews about the whole thing. But he said that ultimately, Aaron and other vaccine skeptics aren't "idiots," they're just "trapped in a different algorithm than you are." He added that the talking trash about the use of Ivermectin and other disproven COVID-19 theories only makes a bad situation worse. "Yeah, there's nothing that shows that it actually helps with Covid but when you say they're just 'taking horse medicine' it pushes them further away," he argued. "We just gotta figure out some way to have some empathy. We're kind of just all trapped in our own little world," he added. "Unless we figure out how to talk to each other in real life again, it doesn't really matter what the problem is."
Meghan McCain details severe breakthrough COVID-19 symptoms, slams Biden
In her latest column for The Daily Mail, Meghan McCain details her and her husband's recent experience with COVID-19, which she says they contracted "several weeks ago." Like so many other Americans as the omicron variant surged in early January, Meghan had trouble finding rapid tests and found the lines for PCR testing centers to be long. She also writes that her symptoms were more severe than what she expected — and how she was surprised to experience "shame" and lingering depression after contracting the illness, since she and her husband are both fully vaccinated. "What I experienced wasn't mild, it wasn't easy, and I am still fearful of the unknown long-term side effects that I may experience," Meghan writes. Later in the piece, she takes aim at Joe Biden's administration, demanding to know why it was so hard to access at-home rapid tests earlier this month and asking, "shouldn't we have more readily available treatment and testing?" She goes on to criticize the president for failing to better "mitigate" the spread of the virus. "More Americans have died in 2021 of Covid-19 (while Biden has been president) than in 2020 (while Trump was president)," Meghan writes. [That wasn't just the case in the U.S.: More people died globally from COVID-19 in 2021 than in 2020, according to a 2021 study by The Wall Street Journal.] "It was easy for the media to — rightfully — blame Trump for the bungling of the early Covid-19 response, but Biden and his feckless, moronic, isolated Titanic of an administration gets the blame now," Meghan snaps. In conclusion, she writes about "post-Covid depression," both personal and national, then asserts, "… we need an intense and immediate shift away from whatever depression this administration is continuing to let the country experience."
Julia Stiles' 4-year-old hilariously reacts to baby brother's birth … in red marker
Julia Stiles and her husband, Preston J. Cook, are now a family of four — much to the hilarious chagrin of the couple's firstborn. The "Save the Last Dance" star revealed she'd welcomed her second child on Instagram on Jan. 26, sharing a sweet photo of two tiny feet poking out from under a blanket. "Welcome to the world, Baby Arlo! ✨ The newest addition to our family, reminding me how infinite love can be. 💖," she captioned the shot. "Scroll Forward to see how my 4 year old is taking it…," she added. An arrow click revealed the pair's son, Strummer, had created some memorable angry-toddler art in red marker all over the toilet seat. On the tank above it, he'd taped what looks like a construction paper cutout of a beard, with eyes, glasses and hair. At least he's expressing his feelings? (Good luck, Arlo!)