Javier Bardem reveals he once worked as a male dancer
Oscar nominee Javier Bardem spent a short time working as a male dancer in his early 20s — and his mother and sister were in the audience. During an appearance on the March 9 edition of "Ellen," the "Being the Ricardos" star, 53, revealed he'd been offered the stripper gig on a night out at a disco. It seems he had a routine he did to Joe Cocker's "You Can Leave Your Hat On," complete with a tear-away tux. After imbibing a bit, he told Ellen he was showing off the moves to his friend's wife when he caught the club owner's attention. "I did my routine again on the disco dance floor, and the owner of the disco said, 'Will you do that every Friday?'" he recalled (via E! News). "And I said, 'Yeah, of course!' Because I was drunk. Then they hired me!" he said playfully. "I had to perform the next Friday and I was so nervous I called my mom and my sister to accompany me to my striptease number." It's a good thing he did, too. When it was his turn to perform, Javier said his mom and sister were among the only people there to watch. "There was nobody, I think there were like three people there, and it was very embarrassing but I did it," he said. "I mean, I'm a performer and I gave my word, so I was a stripper for the day." So should we look for him in the upcoming "Magic Mike" sequel? Not so much. "Yeah, they asked me to play the part where the old guy comes in and tries to do something and they stop it," he teased . "No, those guys know what they're doing."
Kim and Khloe Kardashian on whether ex drama appears in new Hulu show
Details are finally beginning to emerge about Hulu's upcoming series, "The Kardashians," including how much of the recent drama in Kim Kardashian and Khloe Kardashian's lives fans can expect to see on the show. Kim, who's been dating Pete Davidson in recent months, much to the very public chagrin of her soon-to-be ex-husband, Kanye West reveals in a Variety cover story this week that Kanye will appear on the show, though his scenes seem to have been filmed before things became so contentious regarding her relationship with Pete. Kim also says she talks about her romance with the "Saturday Night Live" star, but admits they have not filmed anything with him. "I'm not opposed to it. It's just not what he does," she tells Variety. Instead, she says viewers will find out how she and Pete "met and who reached out to who and how it happened and all the details that everyone wants to know," adding, "… I definitely explain it." What she won't do is talk trash about Kanye, whose antics have become increasingly dark. "I believe in championing publicly and criticizing privately. I don't think I would ever criticize the father of my children on my TV show," she says. "I'm always really respectful of what the kids will see. The reality is, we're always a family. We always will have a love and respect for each other. And even if there's moments where it might not seem like that, there are so many moments that are super positive. I do think it's important for people to see that things aren't perfect all the time, but that they can get better." Khloe, meanwhile, says fans will follow some of the fallout that took place as a result of Tristan Thompson's paternity scandal, which came with the revelation he fathered a child when he and Khloe were still together. "I wish I never had to talk about that because it's not a fun thing to talk about," says Khloe, who shares 3-year-old daughter True with the NBA player. "But it is part of my journey in life, so we will see it on the show." "The Kardashians" premieres April 14.
Travis Scott unveils $5M initiative for 'actionable change' after deadly Astroworld festival
In the wake of last year's Astroworld Festival tragedy, Travis Scott has launched a four-tiered, $5 million initiative to support the needs of young people in his home state of Texas. Dubbed Project Heal, the initiative includes funding the U.S. Conference of Mayors Task Force of Event Safety, which Travis and his Cactus Jack Foundation said in a press release will see representatives from the music, event production and tech industries working with local government, public safety, health care and emergency response teams to create a report on recommendations for improving safety at large events. Ten people died and hundreds were injured as a result of a crowd surge during Travis' set at Astroworld in Houston last fall. The rapper has since faced backlash for inciting the surge — and continuing to perform for nearly 40 minutes amid the chaos. "Over the past few months I've been taking the time and space to grieve, reflect and do my part to heal my community," Travis wrote on Instagram, announcing the Project Heal launch on March 8. "Most importantly, I want to use my resources and platform moving forward towards actionable change. This will be a lifelong journey for me and my family." He went on to write: "While it's easy for corporations and institutions to stay in the shadows, I feel as a leader in my community, I need to step up in times of need. My team and I created Project HEAL to take much needed action towards supporting real solutions that make all events the safest spaces they can possibly be. I will always honor the victims of the Astroworld tragedy who remain in my heart forever." Adding that the program "will be a catalyst to real change," he also teased that he "can't wait to introduce the rest of the technology and ideas we've been working on." As part of Project Heal, Travis and his foundation will also continue to fund the development of "tech-driven solutions" to event safety challenges. In addition to the event safety tier, Project Heal includes $10,000 in grants to seniors at Historically Black Colleges and Universities with a 3.5 GPA or higher whose financial adversity issues could keep them from graduating. Other elements of Project Heal include mental health counseling and an expansion of the nonprofit "makerspace" Travis and Cactus Jack have established in Houston. Travis and other Astroworld Festival producers currently face a lawsuit representing some 400 plaintiffs seeking billions of dollars in damages.
RELATED: Celebs we've lost in 2022
Amanda Bynes speaks out ahead of hearing to end conservatorship
During Britney Spears' battle to end her conservatorship, a lawyer handling Amanda Bynes' conservatorship was frequently quoted by reporters. Now, as Amanda prepares for a hearing on her request to end the legal arrangement, she's making a rare public comment on the situation. After recently launching a new Instagram account, the former actress, 35, posted a video on March 8 in which she thanks viewers for their interest in her situation. "What's up, Instagram? Amanda Bynes here," she says in the clip. "My court date is coming up in two weeks. I want to thank you all so much for your love and support. Peace out." It's worth noting she tagged E! News, Us Weekly and People in the post, presumably to keep her conservatorship in the news, as Britney's was for years before it was terminated in November. Amanda's mom, Lynn Bynes, was given control of her medical and financial interests in 2013 after Amanda was placed on a psychiatric hold and later, spent time in a psychiatric hospital. According to a February report from TMZ, her parents support the former actress' desire to end the conservatorship earlier than the March 2023 expiration date it currently has. Amanda's hearing is scheduled for March 22.
Kelly Clarkson settles divorce, will pay Brandon Blackstock more than $1.3M plus child and spousal support
Nearly two years after Kelly Clarkson filed for divorce from Brandon Blackstock, the two have reached a settlement that sees Kelly paying out a huge sum to her ex. People reports the singer will pay the former music manager a "one-time payment of just over $1.3 million," plus $115,000 a month in spousal support until Jan. 31, 2024. On top of that, she'll fork over $45,601 a month in child support for their two young children. They'll share joint custody of River, 7, and Remington, 5, but the kids will live at Kelly's house in Los Angeles, according to the outlet. They've also agreed to have both kids vaccinated against COVID-19 ahead of their visits to Brandon's temporary home at the ranch in Montana, which Kelly will own, along with their other property there. (Brandon will reportedly pay Kelly $2,000 a month to live there until June.) While Kelly will take the pets the family shared, Brandon will take their "farm cattle, livestock, stock dogs, and horses," according to People. They've reportedly agreed to split vehicles, with Kelly getting a Porsche and at least two Fords, plus a flight simulator and Brandon taking two more Ford trucks, an ATV, multiple snowmobiles and a golf simulator. He'll also walk away with two luxury watches. The two had been married for nearly seven years when Kelly filed for divorce in 2020.
Channing Tatum and Zoe Kravitz share 'playful energy' as a couple
Channing Tatum's romance with "The Batman" star Zoe Kravitz is still going strong. According to a People insider, the two "seem very happy" together and "still have this playful energy that they have had since they first started dating." Channing, 41, and Zoe, 33, were first spotted cuddling up to one another last summer in New York City. Channing had already been cast in Zoe's upcoming directorial debut at the time, and they brushed off romance rumors despite being seen out together multiple times. Months later, they're reportedly still dating. "They continue to spend time together on both coasts," says the source. "They were getting a lot of attention when they first stepped out together last summer. They seemed uncomfortable with the attention and have been much more discreet lately." The insider adds that the two "had a very busy fall, but even with packed schedules, they were both making an effort to see each other often." Last week, Zoe's friend and stepdad Jason Momoa shared a photo on Instagram as he and Channing hopped on a plane to catch Zoe's "The Batman" premiere.
'Bridgerton' star Jonathan Bailey says he felt pressured to hide his sexuality early in his career
As "Bridgerton" ramps up toward its second steamy season, Jonathan Bailey — who stars as the aristocratic ladies' man Lord Anthony Bridgerton — is opening up about his real-life sexuality. The 33-year-old star recently sat down with GQ, where he recalled feeling pressure almost from the start of his career to hide the fact that he's gay. "'There's two things we don't want to know: if you're an alcoholic or if you're gay,'" he recalls an actor friend was once told. Jonathan came out to his friends and family in his early 20s, but said that "advice" still took root inside him for a while. "All it takes is for one of those people in that position of power to say that, and it ripples through. So, yeah … of course I thought that in order to be happy, I needed to be straight," he explained. According to GQ, he eventually realized his own happiness was more important. "I reached a point where I thought, f*** this, I'd much prefer to hold my boyfriend's hand in public or be able to put my own face picture on Tinder and not be so concerned about that, than getting a part," he said. Jonathan also teased that while fans saw Anthony fall apart in Season 1, his character gets "put back together" in Season 2, which the actor approached by giving real thought to Anthony's "charm" and "what it means to be a rake, and how his anxiety and self-hatred plays into that." Netflix dropped an uber-sexy new trailer for Season 2 on March 9; "Bridgerton" returns March 25.
Bethenny Frankel, Hayden Panettiere double down on Ukraine aid campaigns
SkinnyGirl founder Bethenny Frankel announced this week that she and her BStrong charity have raised $4 million in cash donations to support Ukrainian refugees, People reported. The new figure comes after BStrong began sending $10 million in aid resources to the war-besieged region, which has been fighting Russia since its troops invaded on Feb. 24. During an appearance on "Live With Kelly and Ryan" on March 8, Bethenny noted the fundraising efforts have "been all about small donations" that quickly add up. BStrong reportedly began supporting Ukraine by sending crisis kits to refugees seeking safety in nearby Poland. "We've seen such a [large] group of people who stayed and there's no food for them … so we're going back in," she said. Bethenny's one of dozens of celebrities who've committed to supporting Ukraine since the war began last month. Hayden Panettiere, who shares 7-year-old daughter Kaya with her Ukraine-born ex, Wladimir Klitschko, also spoke out about the need for more fundraising this week, sharing a video on YouTube in which she explained the reason she launched Hoplon International and urged fans to contribute what they could. "There are no words to describe what it's been like to watch the war on Ukraine unfold. It's gut-wrenching knowing that the people of Ukraine, and people I call my friends and family, are desperately trying to defend their way of life and the country that they love," Hayden says in the clip. "I created Hoplon International to bring relief and aid directly to Ukrainians on the front lines. I can't continue to sit on the sidelines just watching as this disaster rages on."